Exotic goods trader stock bug with Vanilla Furniture Expanded

Started by Jan2607, November 10, 2019, 09:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan2607

When a exotic goods trader arrives, he doesn't generate any stock and has no money. Other traders don't have this issue.
This bug occurs since I installed Vanilla Furniture Expanded Core, so I believe this is the mod that generates this bug.

Here is my error log:

https://gist.github.com/ca397ba0ce784cad94eb56a570f54ddc

I reported it on Steam to the modder but he doesn't seem to respond to bug reports at the moment. If anyone could help me to resolve this issue I would really appreciate it.

Kirby23590

I'm not sure but i think because you're using other mods... I think they might be also a cause with the Exotic goods trader doing that as well...

Is it really Vanilla Furniture Expanded being the cause to the exotic goods trader? Try removing other mods or strip it down back to core and have Vanilla Furniture Expanded as your only mod and see if the exotic goods traders get their stock back.

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

Canute

I am not a modder so i can't say it for 100% but i think
Exception while generating thing set: System.ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
Parameter name: type
at System.Activator.CheckType (System.Type) <0x00095>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type,bool) <0x00027>
at System.Activator.CreateInstance (System.Type) <0x0001e>
at Verse.ThingMaker.MakeThing (Verse.ThingDef,Verse.ThingDef) <0x0035e>
at RimWorld.StockGeneratorUtility.TryMakeForStockSingle (Verse.ThingDef,int) <0x0021e>
at RimWorld.StockGeneratorUtility/<TryMakeForStock>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x000eb>
at RimWorld.StockGenerator_Tag/<GenerateThings>c__Iterator0.MoveNext () <0x002f2>
at RimWorld.ThingSetMaker_TraderStock.Generate (RimWorld.ThingSetMakerParams,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x0035a>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.ThingSetMaker.Generate_Patch1 (object,RimWorld.ThingSetMakerParams) <0x00173>

tell me that one item the trade want to sell/buy got a value of zero (null) or isn't defined.
Do you have furniture or maybe minified objects the trader recognize for trading ?
Check these about their market value.
Or check the trader inventories about their items and market value.
Once you found the item with 0 marketvalue, check what mod add that item.

Jan2607

Thank you for your answers. Yes, it's clearly an issue with Vanilla Furniture. I deactivated the mod now and everything works fine with the trader.
So I guess the modder forgot a value for one of the furnitures that the trader wants to sell. It seems to be an item that doesn't yet exists in my colony (because I didn't build one of the modded furnitures yet), but one that should be generated in trader stock.
But I have no idea which files I need to check.