Sailing the seas and pirates

Started by AnActualDuck, November 23, 2019, 09:57:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnActualDuck

Being able to have your caravans build a boat and set sail would be a neat addition as well as adding what I think would be some fun new map encounters and events. All that it'd require is for you to send a caravan out with proper resources (wood, steel, cloth) and when next to a water tile you'd get an icon that'd say, "Build a boat." At which point the caravan would get a progress meter and assuming you gave them enough food they'll put together a boat in a few days time.

Events that could show up that would prompt you to head out on to the water could be ship wrecks with potential survivors/loot, sunken treasures, and distress calls on the radio. While sailing you could potentially encounter pirates on your way or at the event, and unique diseases and statuses like scurvy and sea sickness could occur. The map that generates for combat encounters would be two ships with planks connecting them, each with cannons(mortars) that can be manned.

If nothing else I think it would make maps with multiple continents more reasonable and interesting to play on and added variety of events is always welcome

DownLoude

Building boats could be like building spaceships, but other parts. Also ocean animals.

Bigdestyn

theres already a mod for building boats i think