[1.0] Ammunition (2019-11-26)

Started by LimeTreeSnake, November 14, 2019, 04:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LimeTreeSnake

-Ammunition-

-Description-
I felt there was a need for ammunition as well to make ranged combat and attrition more enticing. I have tried to emit compatibility issues from the get go to let you quickly get into the action.. Mods should automagically get assigned an ammunition type and should it not fir. Use the mod settings to alter things to your liking.

-Features-

• Mod settings where you can tweak many values.
  • Ability to tweak what ammo if any should be used per weapon.
  • Gizmo to show current ammo count.
  • Raiders use ammo and have ammo depending on their primary weapon.
  • How much ammo pawns should spawn with.
  • Least amount of ammo pawns should always try to carry around.
  • Crafting ammo locked behind research.
  • A pawn without ammunition will put their weapon in their inventory unless they find a source nearby.

-FAQ & Compatibility-

• Should cause no error upon loading mid-game. Not sure if removing it would cause errors apart from having tons of ammunition disappear.

-Load Order-
It seems that this mod is best loaded before robotic and medical mods although below traits at the lowest.

-Known Issues-

• Visitors might decide to take your ammo cause they are getting low.

-Links-
Ludeon
GitHub
Steam Workshop
Discord
Patreon account

-Special Thanks to-

• Pardeike: cause of his work on Harmony.
  • OskarPotocki: For all awesome images.
  • Madman666: The his timely aid.
  • Trunken: For all that support.
  • Chicken Plucket: For the animation and supporting me always.
  • Abraxas: For suggesting of the load order!
  • Kikohi: For his timely aid!

-Updates-
2019-11-26
- Removed option for fetching ammo in mod settings.
- Added Gizmo for pawns to allow fetching ammo automagically or not.
- Redressed pawns should now get some of that juicy ammo if applicable.
- Pawns should be less likely to randomly fetch ammo when hunting.
- Hotfix - Weapons without bullets assigned wont turn UI off.

-License-
You may use this code as however you want. However, do let me know and give credits due if you do as I'd love to hear about what you've created with it! :)

LimeTreeSnake

2019-11-26
- Removed option for fetching ammo in mod settings.
- Added Gizmo for pawns to allow fetching ammo automagically or not.
- Redressed pawns should now get some of that juicy ammo if applicable.
- Pawns should be less likely to randomly fetch ammo when hunting.
- Hotfix - Weapons without bullets assigned wont turn UI off.

Ruisuki

SansMasterBudaa :3

When its going to release the 1.1 version??

LimeTreeSnake

A new 1.1 version is up on git, but it seems to be not that popular.  ::)

dearmad

How is it used? Your description isn't entirely clear or revealing. I have a guy pick up ammo and he can't fire his weapon.

Also there seems to be no options that you mention in the option menu other than excluding or not a weapon.

Ok so looks like i need a pack, AND ammo before I can load a weapon?? I don't get it... Why cant I carry it in my inventory and then load it? AGH! I hate confusion like this. Hence probably why there's not much draw to t he mod. Document the basics for us, amn, it looks promising, but....?

Also my initial spawning pawns don't have pakcs or ammo with their guns dropping in the basic 3 person scenario, is this right?

Ruisuki

How do I know if its working/how do I check how much ammo i have left? I have the option to craft ammo at the machining table but i am firing weapons without the need for ammo in my inventory? Does this affect mod weapons such as Xeva's Xeva Faction, Rimsenal, and Vanilla Weapons Expanded and the like? The lack of ammo need also is affecting vanilla via the hunting rifle unless im missing something

Ruisuki

do you think we could get the 'x doesnt have any x ammo' notice before firing a shot? Like when a pawn start out a hunting job