Pawn unable to start any job whatsoever. Started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. Send help.

Started by Hi-tech tomato, November 16, 2019, 05:05:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi-tech tomato

No idea what causes this, can't find any answers anywhere.

All of a sudden a hungry pawn started constantly dropping and taking a meal. After deleting the meal with dev mode, he goes to the stack, to start the inf loop again. When completely walled without meals, he can't wander. Cannot drop apparel/stuff from inventory. When drafted, it starts to show errors suggesting he can't even watch for targets. He is just unable to do anything anymore. I tried deleting the job priorities in the work tab, nothing. I'm afraid the save is corrupted since restarting doesn't help.
Log output says these are all "Started 10 jobs in 10 ticks" errors.
He has like 50kg + 40bulk of free space, so it doesn't look like it is a matter of not having enough space for the meals (?).

I use a lot of mods including CE, Work tab and the like. Save has been working perfectly all these days, no new mod updates today.
HugsLib output log updated here: https://gist.github.com/2e6087e091dad020fd3832ef778d9f3a

For the love of God, where do I even start trying to solve this?

LWM

Various mod combinations can cause that sort of problem....it's all too easy for one author to step on the toes of another author (ask me how I know ;) )

You might turn on job logging from the debug actions menu, and then look in the log to see if anything interesting shows up there.

You could also try disabling these mods and see if it goes away:  Common Sense, Turn it On and Off, Pick Up and Haul, Combat Extended.  (sure, stuff might break, but at least they can try to eat, and if they can...you know at least part of what's going on?)  Heck, you can try disabling a lot more to see if things clear up.

It is, in general, a tricky thing to solve, unfortunately :/

--LWM

Hi-tech tomato

Thanks for the leads :) I ended up killing + resurrecting him with dev mode, and the problem dissapeared right away. Will update trying those steps if it happens again (hopefully not).