Achtung Mod oddity - doesnt fit in MODS section really

Started by atewithouttabIe, November 19, 2019, 04:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brrainz

Alright, it took a few more changes (MultiModFix patches RW so it can handle mods that support multiple versions - now obsolete) but I compiled it and added it to the files of the newest release:

https://github.com/pardeike/Achtung2/releases/tag/v2.3.3

Download the AchtungOffline.zip from there and see if it behaves differently.

atewithouttabIe

Same as before w the *offline* version

That being said there still seems to be some misunderstanding regarding Steam on my end - i dont use steam, dont use steam Rimworld and dont even have Steam installed on this Win10 install. IF i have to do something through Steam i use a laptop and thats quite rare in conjunction w Rimworld considering most Mods can be aquired from here or the Workshop includes a github link as well unless the author is really stubborn...

The first 2.3.3 version was indeed downloaded from your github/releases like 2 weeks ago going by timestamp.

It seems like the cloud its connecting to opens the treasuredata connections as well and keeps them open?

Brrainz

Can confirm that removing the usage of the steam api removes the extra communication (done in DMR free Rimworld but with steam installed in general):

With offline Achtung https://ibb.co/VYwWcqB

WIth normal Achtung https://ibb.co/h9q4664

With no mods https://ibb.co/qYmTQMb

Edit: added original image links

Canute

I think these "in.treasuredata.com" are based on your mashine not the mod.
At my mashine with DRM-free version i don't get connection to it.
Since you don't use steam like me, it can't be the fault from steam.
QuoteTreasure Data
Arm Treasure Data Customer Data Platforms (CDPs) integrate and use marketing data from many different platforms, including email, lead generation, CRM, loyalty data, social media data, POS and other purchase data, second- and third-party data, and more

ForeverZer0

Quote from: atewithouttabIe on November 20, 2019, 12:39:05 AM
That being said there still seems to be some misunderstanding regarding Steam on my end - i dont use steam, dont use steam Rimworld and dont even have Steam installed on this Win10 install.

You don't need to have Steam installed if a game includes Steam libraries. An actual Steam installation is not required for games to run, even in many cases for the Steam versions of the game. If you take a look at the pirate scene, about 99% of all games prove this point. They typically alter the Steam files to bypass DRM and include simply include the relevant ones locally.

atewithouttabIe

Alright...

famous last words on this
...out of 111 Mods total, 110 mods in folder ie all cept Achtung = no Rimworld treasuredata connection, add Achtung to the list of 110 Mods and that connection pops up

No steamxx.api in rimworld directory nor elsewhere considering i dont use it as i have stated multiple times at this point

#s

really done after this just couldnt resist:
Quote from: Canute on November 20, 2019, 02:22:57 AM
I think these "in.treasuredata.com" are based on your mashine not the mod.
At my mashine with DRM-free version i don't get connection to it.
Since you don't use steam like me, it can't be the fault from steam.

...fixed your connection screenshot for you - your fritz box is cckblocking the treasuredata connection, nothing more, its still there:

the port80 one is the cloud thing where Achtung calls "yo, sup" ie the counter brain has implemented, the other two..are..not

There you go - so same thing i get but i dont use a router atm

ForeverZer0

Quote from: atewithouttabIe on November 20, 2019, 10:28:56 AM
No steamxx.api in rimworld directory nor elsewhere considering i dont use it as i have stated multiple times at this point

"Non-steam" and "DRM-free" are not synonymous. Check these directories, all from the DRM-free version, not downloaded from Steam.

Windows:
<Rimworld Directory>\RimWorldXXXXWin_Data/Plugins/

Mac:
<Rimworld Directory>/Contents/Plugins/x86/
<Rimworld Directory>/Contents/Plugins/x86_64/
<Rimworld Directory>/Contents/Plugins/CSteamworks.bundle/Contents/MacOS/

Linux:
<Rimworld Directory>/RimWorldXXXXLinux_Data/Plugins/x86/
<Rimworld Directory>/RimWorldXXXXLinux_Data/Plugins/x86_64/

If you could confirm that your installation does not contain such directories and/or none of them contain the Steam libraries.

Brrainz

Your 110 mods don't use/reference the Assembly-Csharp-firstpass.dll that even DRM free RimWorld has. It's very uncommon and most mod authors don't even know that it exists.  That proofs nothing, you need to reason with me and look at the traces I did with all three scenarios (vanilla, normal and stripped Achtung).

On my end, I don't do anything related to the two extra calls.