how to change the comfortable temparature of a race.

Started by fluffyxai, November 19, 2019, 12:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffyxai

Hello. I'm getting pretty lost amongst the xml files and getting a bit distressed, so I decided to just ask for help

I have a race which has a low tolerance for heat and like it cold. but it's to a far more extreme degree than I thought so my one colonist is constantly having heatstroke while everyone else is fine.
So I was going to go into the files and remove this temperature difference.
But I cannot find it no matter which files I look in. I was hoping there'd just be a file that had the basic race info and boom had the tag for heat and cold levels right there but I ended up getting quite stressed looking for it.
Any help would be great!
- X^'

Kirby23590

Look for the <statBases> and the <ComfyTemperatureMin> along with <ComfyTemperatureMax>...

Here's the human race's stats from the code.

<statBases>
      <MarketValue>1750</MarketValue>
      <MoveSpeed>4.6</MoveSpeed>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
      <ComfyTemperatureMin>16</ComfyTemperatureMin>
      <ComfyTemperatureMax>26</ComfyTemperatureMax>
      <LeatherAmount>50</LeatherAmount>
    </statBases>

Since it's been a while. I dunno if you figured it out... Also don't forget to use the search function on your text editor.  ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

fluffyxai

Quote from: Kirby23590 on November 21, 2019, 04:26:34 AM
Look for the <statBases> and the <ComfyTemperatureMin> along with <ComfyTemperatureMax>...

Here's the human race's stats from the code.

<statBases>
      <MarketValue>1750</MarketValue>
      <MoveSpeed>4.6</MoveSpeed>
      <Flammability>1.0</Flammability>
      <ComfyTemperatureMin>16</ComfyTemperatureMin>
      <ComfyTemperatureMax>26</ComfyTemperatureMax>
      <LeatherAmount>50</LeatherAmount>
    </statBases>

Since it's been a while. I dunno if you figured it out... Also don't forget to use the search function on your text editor.  ;)
Oh thank you thank you! No I had not figured it out yet. Yes I had searched using the search tool on notepad++ on all the documents in the mod's folder haha
But I was using the wrong terms. Now that I know what it's actually called, I should be able to find it easily. Thanks!
- X^'