Help with ingame error

Started by HamsterPowered, November 20, 2019, 10:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HamsterPowered

Hi, I am experiencing this error when any of my colonists travel outside of the colony. This occurs only when a pawn is on traveling the world map. This error comes up whenever anything is interacted with on my main map ex an entity getting out of bed someone starting or finishing construction etc. This error is always followed by a flicker of the entire hud and if I exit the save when a colonist is traveling on loading the safe the colonist bar disappears until I bring the traveling colonist back.

With my limited coding noledge I deduce that some part of the game is trying to reference the colonist who is not on the map and that causes the HUD to refresh which causes the blinking.

I tested this I a new gema and it doesn't happen.

PS I am running a heavily modded game. and I switched around a few mods on the go...

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Int32].get_Item (Int32 index) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateColonistsInGroup () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBarDrawLocsFinder.CalculateDrawLocs (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 outDrawLocs, System.Single& scale) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBar.CheckRecacheEntries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBar.get_Entries () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.ColonistBar.ColonistBarOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

HamsterPowered

Ok I managed to fix the problem... The last time I send a colonist to travel he returned but for some reason, his caravan's icon stayed on the world map for some reason. It couldn't be moved or deleted so I just moved it to the north pole using the dev mode and forgot about it. When I realized this I tried to merge my new and old caravan by teleporting them to the same spot and it worked problem fixed.