[1.0] Start game from steam, thrown waves of errors from debug.

Started by Walterino, November 23, 2019, 01:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walterino

Hello everyone, big problem here. I was loading up the game from Steam when I ran into a massive problem. Immediately upon loadup, there is a massive wave of red errors thrown. There are no mods loaded, and it still does this. I try to start a new game, and the portrait menu for the storytellers doesn't even load. There is just a blank screen. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but still nothing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/beqr0rzxar9hjeu/output_log.txt?dl=0
That is the output log that I found, but I have no idea how to read it. Please help folks, I don't want to give up on this game.
Edit: After deleting Core and reinstalling the game no longer throws errors, however, none of my mods from the work shop are showing up now.

Canute

Hi,
you should try at first to delete the Core folder in Mods.
Then let steam repair the installation.

Pangaea

Looks like some other mod has copied in all/most of core and there are naming issues, or that core itself is messed up.

Don't know how much steam can mess up this too, it has an amazing ability to mess up stuff, but when you uninstall the game, make sure to fully delete everything in the installation folder. Hopefully a re-install will fix this then. And of course remove/delete all mods too.

From a cursory glance at the log file, something is seriously messed up.

Edit: Savefiles should be somewhere else, also on steam I assume, and you may not want to delete those.

Canute

Pangaea,
thats a common problem with steam.
I think got an old Rimworld installation (B19 or older) and update to the latest version.
But steam only copied the new files over the older installation and didn't delete old files that don't exist anymore at the newest version.
But these old files cause errors. There was alot of similar reports in the past after B18/B19 updates.