Plate Armor Texture Issue

Started by Morgrav, November 23, 2019, 01:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgrav

I have created a replacement plate armor texture. (I've created many replacement apparel textures all of which work fine in game) But I can't get Rimworld to use my custom Plate Armor texture.

The path I'm using is: steamapps\common\RimWorld\Mods\Core\Textures\Things\Pawn\Humanlike\Apparel\PlateArmor

anyone know what is the issue?

Fakeaccount123

I'm a complete noob so i don´t know very well what i´m talking about, anyway:
The path seems to be fine (specially the last part, i don't have steam account so my rimworld is in other place)
Look for any typos in the folders names or in the files.
Make sure the texture files are properly named. At some point of development they changed the way you should name the files (from front, back, side to south, north, east respectively) so if you have made  textures replacements in older versions they won't work in 1.0 unless you change the names of those files.

Morgrav

Thanks Fake.  The Armor has east, south and north images. I took the path and names for Tynian's Art Source 1.0 folder he made available. I actually just replaced his texture files, but they do not work. Has the path or name of plate armor been changed since his upload of the art source file?

This is my Textpath from the core things def:

<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PlateArmor/PlateArmor</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>

Anyone know why it's not working?

Canute

I am not a modder too.
But i don't have any texture folder inside of Core.
So i think the vanilla textures are all hardcoded and puting the art source into place wouldn't do anything since Rimworld don't use it.

I think you need to made a little own patch mod, and patch the plate armor to use your textures.

Morgrav

Thanks for the advice Canute.  The Texture paths are from Tynian's upload, and all other textures altered and placed in that structure work.  I actually put my plate textures in their own mod folder too,  still does not work.  I'm stumped.

LWM

Have you looked at the paths other mods use for their textures?

Fakeaccount123

Quote from: Morgrav on November 27, 2019, 08:41:11 PM
Thanks Fake.  The Armor has east, south and north images. I took the path and names for Tynian's Art Source 1.0 folder he made available. I actually just replaced his texture files, but they do not work. Has the path or name of plate armor been changed since his upload of the art source file?

This is my Textpath from the core things def:

<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/PlateArmor/PlateArmor</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>

Anyone know why it's not working?

I have no idea.
I tried it myself with textures files from another mod. I changed those files names and put them in the same path you are using, and it worked. I succesfully changed the plate armor texture.
I can confirm that you don´t need to make a patch or anything like that. What you are doing should work.
Maybe there is some restriction with the files. Maybe they are too big or have the wrong format.
do you receive any message when you are playing?
Are you sure that you have the 16 png files properly name in that folder?
I don´t know what else could be happening  :-\

LWM

I suppose a directory listing would be good to see :)