help me pleaase

Started by mattybeau, November 23, 2019, 09:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattybeau

can I get some help here? everytime I load the game, it loads fop about 10-15 seconds then crashes. I purchased off steam. I've uninstalled and deleted the leftover files numerous times and it hasnt fixed it. my drivers up to date, directx is up to date.

ItchyFlea

Does the game generate an error.log file?
If yes, please post that file here as the output_log.txt file unfortunately doesn't contain any info as to why it's crashing.
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

ReZpawner

Like he said, the output log there didn't really have any info. According to that one, things are fine.
Have you tried deleting everything in the %appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios folder, to see if there could be a faulty config of some kind?
Copy\paste "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios" into file explorer to go directly to the folder in windows 7. You should see a folder named "Rimworld by Ludeon Studios" in there.

Canute

Hi,
you need to differ a crash from a program ending.
When Rimworld crash, a new window open and say that Rimworld crashed and a crash folder will be created.
The output_log.txt you posted don't show any crash.
So when Rimworld didn't crash from itself some other windows things might end/exit rimworld.
But it is impossible for us to say what the problem is.
Try to disable any other tools you don't need.

mattybeau

the uh appcrash file. I think its steam doing it, I can run the game in admin and its fine minus the steam connection for the multiplayer mod.

Canute

Another one got the similar problem, Rimworld end when started from Steam.
But run's fine when launched without.
He didn't investigate futher, so we don't know what the reason are. It can't be steam alone since the majority of player use steam and don't have problems.