Incompatibility in my mod pack

Started by x1n0s1lv4, November 27, 2019, 05:44:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

x1n0s1lv4

Hello guys!
I need some help, I love rimworld and after playing it vanilla I dicided to install some mods, some work some dont
I unsinstalled the game. but after some time I wanted to play again, but with many mods.
I made a list, and tried to put them ins the right way but none of them worked, can someone help me?
Ill upload my print screen to be easier for you.

x1n0s1lv4

Canute

Hi,
when a mod is red at the activation menu it mean's it got an unkown version or wrong version for your Rimworld version.
At last with EdB Prepare carefully i checked 1.0.15 is the latest version while your pic show 1.0.13.
Ok basicly both version should be green for the latest Rimworld version.

So i think you havn't the latest rimworld version installed.
At rimworld main menu's top left corner you would see the version.
You either have the wrong version installed, or you have both your old version and the latest version, but you start the old version.

x1n0s1lv4

thanks for your reply!

what is your advice? Can i update rimworld in some way or need to install the newest version?

Canute

Since i don't know what version you use
- Steam, let steam it update to the newest version.
- DRM-free, download the latest version over the sendowl link, unzip it at your prevered folder.
Normaly you geting a new rimworld folder name, i suggest to keep it and don't overwrite you old version.
Then cut&paste (copy&paste work too but take more time) the mod's from your old installation to the new one. But don't move/copy Core !!
Since i saw you got some old mod version too, you shoulld look to get the latest versions too.

When you activate mods, do this at small batches and check the log window (maybe you need to enable the developer mode at the options first) if any error (red text) show up.
Try to identify the mod and check the mod topic/discussion if any error's are known, look for updates or ask the mod author at the discussion about it.
Warnings (yellow text) you can ignore.

x1n0s1lv4

Hi again,

I'm quite noob installing things  :-\
I've tried to do what you said about installing just a couple of them but none of them worked
Ill upload a screenshot

Canute

You got Rimworld 1.0.2096 which isn't the latest version.
1.0.2408 is the latest version.
The mod's you used are for the latest  rimworld version and give out these error msg.
But basicly you can ignore these kind of error's.
But only this kind, if the error's got a different text it is a real error.

RIMMsloadup isn't needed anymore with the latest version, but if you keep 1.0.2096 it is useful.
But when you stay at this Rimworld version, you maybe have more trouble then when you update it to the latest rimworld version.

x1n0s1lv4

Man thank you so much i got this done!

i got the new version, and try the mods, but didnt work, then i realized why none oh them worked.

i had my mod like:
myPC > workspace > mods > modfolder > modfolder > mod it self

i deleted one "modfolder" and it worked!

hope this help somebody else