Combat Music Looping Endlessly

Started by kiwikenobi, November 30, 2019, 03:06:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiwikenobi

I'm not sure if this is a glitch or not. I was playing my colony, which is a few years in, with a base near some mountains, but not actually inside them. And one day, the combat music started playing for no apparent reason and never stopped. It's been looping for many in-game days. I don't know what to do to make it stop. There is a cave full of an insect infestation not far from my colony--30 hives and a couple hundred insects--but they are peaceful and not attacking anything. So I'm not sure why the combat music keeps playing.

I read about an old glitch from a much earlier version of the game where combat music wouldn't stop if there were hidden mechanoids on the map somewhere in a sealed room. But I turned off the fog with the dev tool on my current colony, and I couldn't find any mechanoids anywhere, or any other sealed rooms. And I thought that glitch was fixed a long time ago anyway.

Is it possible that the sheer number of insects not too terribly far from my colony is causing the music to do this? Or is there some other reason it might be happening?

Canute

Hi,
since you mention "near some mountains", does this mountains reach to the edge of the map, maybe over a greater area ?
So it might be that these mountain contain undiscovered open plain, and at this area some combat can happen.
Unless you use a permadeath safegame, you could use the dev tools to reveal the map or destroy/dig mountain to verify my theory and free the map borders from mountain.
Once you found them you still can reload your safegame.

kiwikenobi

Thank you for replying. I already looked at the whole map with the fog off, and I didn't see anything hidden in any of the mountains. Or are you saying that things could have spawned outside of the map itself, and that severing the connection with the offscreen mountains could stop the offscreen stuff from happening? Or do you mean something else that I'm not understanding?

Also, I want to specify that this is vanilla Rimworld. Zero mods. I've never used them, so that can't be causing the issue.

Canute

No it must be inside the map.
Or do you got a 2.colony or a temp. map from a caravan open ? Then it could be a combat there too.

And when there isn't such a combat somewhere. I think the devs would like to see your safegame.
Try to zip the safegame and try to attach that file to your answer. You need to press first on "Reply" to see file attachment options.
Maybe it is still to big as attachment, then put it on an external service and post the link.

kiwikenobi

I have only one colony and no caravans at the moment. It's mysterious. Here is a link to a file hosting site to download the save file, since it is too large to attach to this thread directly:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/xqcsb2

Thank you for your help, Canute.

Developers, if there is anything else I can do to help solve this problem, please let me know.

In the meantime, I'll probably play the game with the music volume turned down so I don't get sick of the combat music, though I'll check now and then to see if it resolved itself. ^o^;>

Canute

QuoteThere is a cave full of an insect infestation not far from my colony-
Doh, i oversaw this.
That's the reason for your combat music.
Even when you arn't in combat, the infestation is basicly like a raid and the music is playing for it.

Good luck with your 6 pawn's to eliminate these.
I would suggest to roast them.
Be sure that the insect cave is complete indoor.
Get more wood inside and raise the temperature of these big cave (the fire need to burn for a day).
If the temp. is high enough half or a whole day is needed to let the insects die from heartstroke.
Then you can harvest the insect jelly and some insect corpses to made kibble ! :-)

kiwikenobi

Ah, okay, I'm glad it's that simple. Now to figure out how to get all those dang bugs out of that cave. XD
Thanks!