Game stops responding after one year

Started by Vehicular_Zombicide, July 15, 2019, 02:36:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RawCode

you should remove all and every mod that cause errors on startup or random non crashing errors at runtime, such mods not well made (or outdated) and highly likely to have more issues.

updating mods won't work, just like downloading same mods again, issue won't magically resolve itself especially if no information about bugfixes present in mod's changelog.

if mod implement direct code injection or harmony based injection as exclusive injection, no other mod can patch same method, there is no fix and in such case only option to select of of such mods

as for exception log

game attempts to create object of null type, this caused by faulty RoomStatDef object in database or faulty code injection, that compare roomtypes to hardcoded list and fail when custom  type apper

Vehicular_Zombicide

Okay, after several days of testing and reorganizing I think I've narrowed it down to a few mods, all of which add new races. These races are...

- Avali
- Cacteae
- Gerzee
- Gnoll
- Humanoid Project
- Mantodean
- Naga

Any suggestions for which race might be causing these issues?

Canute

Humanoid Project is pretty new and got alot of changes, so it maybe not been well compactible with other race mods.
But that's just my "feeling" you should check the mod discussion about these if anyone got similar problems.

Vehicular_Zombicide

Quote from: Canute on July 28, 2019, 03:21:45 AM
Humanoid Project is pretty new and got alot of changes, so it maybe not been well compactible with other race mods.
But that's just my "feeling" you should check the mod discussion about these if anyone got similar problems.

Humanoid Project does seem to have been the issue. I started a new colony without it installed and I'm already at one year without any freezes or crashes. Not sure what it was incompatible with, but I'm not attached enough to it to spend the time to figure it out. Better to just uninstall it. Thanks!

Vehicular_Zombicide

The Ghost Army mod was also conflicting with something and causing this same issue. I'm not inclined to spend the time to figure out what it conflicted with since merely identifying one of the conflicting mods took several days of binary searches, but I'm just throwing this out there for documentation's sake.