Pawns wont Sow

Started by sargentspliff@googlemail., October 31, 2018, 08:03:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sargentspliff@googlemail.

Every now and then my pawns just stop resowing fields. I have to delete all the zones, and often move the zones to different areas, and sometimes even this doesn't work. It's really quite annoying, and it can lead to starvation or a stagnant economy. I've tried disabling all mods and it's really quite a bit problem when it happens and you've got a seriously established colony with a lot of growing areas.  :'(

Jacuza

Need more info, maybe a log file and a save file might help.

Gustavo Vallim

I have the same problem. I not plying the best game ever made  :'(

ReZpawner

If it's too cold, they won't sow. If you click on the field, you should see if there are any problems.
Also, make sure that the pawns aren't doing other jobs that have higher priorities.

Canute

Gustavo Vallim
- do you have anyone assigned to harvesting/sowing at the worktab.
- some plant's need a min. skill, does these pawn have the required skill.
- select that pawn and try to force him to sow, does i work or does you get an error message.

5thHorseman

I have never had the problem where colonists would not sow a field when it was their current top priority and the field could be sown.

Without some form of proof I must assume something you are not aware of is stopping the work from being done. Many newer players have trouble with their first few attempts at the Work tab. I know I did. Perhaps you're having similar problems?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

LWM

I sometimes have it happen when it's the very beginning of the growing season, and the fields think they are ready, but the colonists haven't done their fertility rituals or something.  They usually get to it the next day.