Rimworld Window going black on loading screen

Started by Spacedestructor, December 09, 2019, 07:22:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spacedestructor

so the whole day i was trying to fix an issue where when i start rimworld the window goes black as soon as the moment comes where it would normal say that its loading the Defs and now i'm stuck in a situation where i don't get DirectX error messages in the log anymore but as soon as i have at least one mod from the workshop installed (what mod it is does no change) i get a huge load of error messages point out several error that apparently happen in what i assume must be the game engine like it fails loading music and the volume and other stuff like that so every time i re install the game it runs fine and only points out issues with the code of local saved mods but as soon as it has any workshop mod loaded i must re install the game to get visual again and i don't get any progress solving the issue anymore. hope someone can help me out here.

Spacedestructor

maybe worth to point out as well that steam is automatically downloading all mods again but the game only shows the local copies i have of some mods and if i unsubscribe and resubscribe to a workshop mod in hope to fix that its getting displayed a gin i make a full loop and i'm back with the issue of the black screen.

Canute

Hi,
i would at first unsubscribe all mods at first.
Then manualy delete the rimworld installation in your case
E:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\
delete the Rimworld folder.
Let Steam repair the installation.
Then start Rimworld without mods, to check if it work's normal.
When there are any problems, please attach the output_log.txt like before.

If anything is ok, you can subscribe the mods again.

Spacedestructor

Quote from: Canute on December 10, 2019, 03:06:45 AM
Hi,
i would at first unsubscribe all mods at first.
Then manualy delete the rimworld installation in your case
E:\Games\steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\
delete the Rimworld folder.
Let Steam repair the installation.
Then start Rimworld without mods, to check if it work's normal.
When there are any problems, please attach the output_log.txt like before.

If anything is ok, you can subscribe the mods again.

wouldn't that be the same state after i re installed the game? because steam redownloads the mods but the game only acknowledges the local copies i have on my computer until i unsubscribe and subscribe to the mod again which brings me back to the point that the game is broken again in the same way. i know steam is only removing the folder where the game is installed and not what the game leaves in appdata on C: so i will shure try and see what the result is but i'm shure that it will be just the same like when i uninstalled and installed Rimworld before. When i start rimworld without any workshop mods and that happens always after i installed it again it will only point out in the log that the mods i have on my computer use outdated tags in the XML files but nothing else, as soon as any workshop mod is installed on the other side the log is always giving out the same messages that are not related to an installed mod like last time it broke and non of the mods broke the game before in the weeks of using them.

Spacedestructor

i tried another recommendation in another thread of someone with the same issue caused by something else and got ahead and reset the ModConfig.xml file to the state it should be in if only the core mod is enabled, then i manually enabled the mod manager and load the modlist i was using again and so far it seems to be running just fine. i hope i wont need to continue this thread and it keeps working now.