Mod Conifg

Started by jayman123, December 03, 2019, 11:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jayman123

I'm on steam, I've downloaded 1.0 Massive Rimworld Mod pack which has over 400 mods included in it and i cant figure out how to config the load order, i am completely clueless on to use  mod configuration

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/uye2qijss3nq0b3/AADV7SDnPf6qUu51yxiWAZnna?dl=0&preview=ModsConfig.xml
config page by the way.

Canute

Hi,
- download the modconfig.xml
- move/copy the modconfig.xml to the Config folder. The Config folder is at the same area where the safegames are. If you don't know at last at the windows version, you can open that location over the Rimworld option  menu "Open save data folder".
- When you start Rimworld the mod should be loaded in the order the author of the modcollection setup.

IMO, 400 mods are too much !! :-)

jayman123

do i need to activate them all prior to this????

LWM

Clearly, you should try it first, then activate them all, and then see if the game works?  If not, copy it again, and see if it works then :)

Canute

The modconfig.xml is where Rimworld store the active modlist.
So when you replace your current modconfig.xml with the one from the download.
All mod's are activate and at the load order the collection author wanted to have at the next rimworld start.
Ofcoruse you allready need to have the mod's installed or Rimworld would remove them from the list.
You will notice this at the hugh increased rimworld startup time, since it use 400 mods.

jayman123

thanks for the help guys