RimWorld > Ideas

About this board

(1/3) > >>

Tynan:
The ideas board is a place for players to discuss ideas for the game with each other. Modders can also use it as a source of ideas.

For legal reasons, Ludeon developers won't be reviewing this forum or any of the threads in it (or any game development suggestions/ideas posted or sent by any other means). I haven't had time to look at the forum for many years anyway, and unfortunately, there is too much risk that someone could try to claim ownership of an idea that we implemented because they happened to have sent/posted something similar here. It wouldn't be a valid claim, but people can still file invalid lawsuits, and I really don't need the trouble. Combined with the fact that many of the ideas for this game are fairly obvious (thus people often suggest things we were planning to do anyway), and it seems too legally risky. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but I hope players can still enjoy the forum together.

LWM:
Could we have a board with "we give all rights for the idea in RimWorld to Ludeon Studios if they want it" as a place for suggestions for you all?  ;D

Tynan:

--- Quote from: LWM on December 05, 2019, 10:58:47 AM ---Could we have a board with "we give all rights for the idea in RimWorld to Ludeon Studios if they want it" as a place for suggestions for you all?  ;D

--- End quote ---

That's already part of the RimWorld EULA (and it's not even necessary anyway). But unfortunately no matter how strong our actual legal ground is, frivolous lawsuits are still a thing so this is safer.

Don't worry, though - we have no shortage of ideas in-house. Never have.

Pangaea:
Disappointing to read to be honest, that all the big, small and "cheap" ideas people have suggested have been ignored.

How about turning those nasty bugs into lawyers?

Kirby23590:
I understand. Right now this board is mostly for ideas for modders for the game and in cheap suggestions. Kinda sad to see Cheap ideas go away... :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version