Tutorial: No way to progress

Started by planetmaker, December 05, 2019, 02:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

planetmaker

My tutorial is stuck. Current task is to construct the sand wall and wait till all construction is finished. All is finished except the research table which is missing wood. However I'm not allowed to mark any further trees for being chopped - the game tells me to wait till everything is finished building.

savegame: https://cloud.planetmaker.de/index.php/s/MW5jSz6eZpNgbrj

ReZpawner

I've never actually followed the tutorial, but I thought it didn't lock anything out? That it was more of a "hey, here are some hints for setting up your base"? Are the trees nearby fully grown? Most trees can only be chopped down for wood when they reach 65% growth.

planetmaker

It actually turned out that colonists first had to completely mine the stuff marked previously, and then they built the table afterwards which took a few days. So this can be closed after all. Sorry for the noise.

Canute

ReZpawner, No the rimworld tutorial is different.
He can't give any futher orders.

BUT, you got serveral trees marked for choping. After your pawn choped 2-3 trees you got enough wood to finaly build the research table.
You can speed it up when you allow the other 2 pawns for plant cutting over the Work menu.
Or manualy force Tumala to chop these marked trees.
Mining got a higher priority (it is left of plant cutting at the work tab) then plant cutting.