Rimworld CTD's on opening a (just) returned caravan inventory.

Started by Rerver88, December 06, 2019, 09:40:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rerver88

Here's what happened: A pawn got back from caravanning, I went to open their inventory as they were heading back to base, and all of a sudden the game rapidly slowed down, froze up, and finally started stuttering until it crashed. I recall this was a problem I had about a year or so before, but much less severely, however I can no longer ignore this if it causes crashes instead of moderate fps drops. Any idea what the cause is?

First of all, I've never done problem solving like this before, so please bear with me if I'm making any rookie mistakes. Any suggestions or even wild theories about what might be causing an issue would be greatly appreciated. Note that I'm not an inexperienced Modder (never really had a problem I didn't have a clue how to solve before though), and that I have a list of about 280+ mods. If you need an error log, please provide instructions how and I will post it. Mod list is also doable. If there is a better method than this for bug shooting, a link/access instructions to a forum/instruction manual/directory about a better way to deal with this problem would also be appreciated.

Canute

Hi
Quoteso please bear with me if I'm making any rookie mistakes.
yep, you didn't read the sticky of this subforum.

1. This is just for plain vanila (no mods) bugs
2. When Rimworld crashed, it should create a crash folder, zip that folder and attach it as file to your answer. You need to use "Reply" button before you see the file attach option.

If there is no crash folder, Rimworld didn't crash and just got closed by something else, then you need find the logfile manualy (Read the sticky "How to report a bug" to find it).
Don't forget to have a "crash" before, because Rimworld create a new logfile each rimworld start.

And the modlist would maybe helpful too. Since you use 280+ mods, you prolly have Hugslib too. Press CTRL-F12 to create a link with modlist and logfile. Add that link to your answer too.

Rerver88

I have no clue how I missed that sticky before. Thanks for the help.