Friendly fire

Started by rgargvanshu, December 07, 2019, 07:55:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rgargvanshu

Hello everybody :D

I'll keep my question pretty short
Things I know:
being closer reduces chance of survival.
No friendly fire in melee(oops sorry dude i missed my aim and accidentally slashed your leg off. yea doesnt happen :P )

Now , I have 10 colonists out of which 1 is 4000 year old (chronological) woman who cant fight
now with 9 of them i send off some animals aswell (like 1 warg , 1 muffalo, 1 boom boom cow thing , 3-4 dogs)
And often i release them right when the raiders get in pistol range so my dudes can fight em off from side and animals can chew them down
HOWEVER
most of my animals get downed and i thought thats fair...they did melee all the scythers , i expect injuries, but 1 day i checked...most of the injuries were from my guys and turrets, the scythers injuries was barely on that.. so any help on how to deal with this?

TLDR: How do I prevent my snipers etc from shooting at my released animals who are fighting the raiders as most of the injuries on my animals are cuz of my dudes

Canute

Hi,
do you ever hear something about Mods ?
There are mod's like "Avoid friendly fire" or other which enhance/improve combat handling.
Maybe you should investigate into them.

ReZpawner

I've seen people crawl in front of an LSW (light support weapon) during a firefight, without a care in the world. With untrained people friendly fire is a pretty legit thing.

B@R5uk

Well, I guess you should release close combat fighter from side opposed to one you shoot from. Better yet at the angle. And yet the best way is not to shoot at enemies which are engaged in close quarters with your melee. Unless your shooters stay right behind melee pawns.

rgargvanshu

Yea thats what i ended up doing , i dont release unless the enemies are too close now, even then the entire layer of animals protects my colonists
Thanks for your help everyone :)
I will definitely check the beforementioned mods too

LWM

The Friendly Fire mod will give you two options:

Go ahead and shoot at your animals (i.e., don't care if animals are in the way) or don't shoot at your animals while they are chewing on metal and plastic horrors (that is, don't shoot if animals are in the way...)

Evilservant

I use the F*ckFriendlyFire Mod, that let you customize the chance to hit your pawns on friendly fire, you can put the chance between 0-100% and work with the shooter skill, so it's very balanced (unless you put it to 0%)