[Request] Combat Droids/Automated Mortars

Started by LordBloodpool, July 25, 2014, 04:45:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordBloodpool

Lately, I've come to realise that there is a significant problem with  the core mortars; namely, they take so long to reload and fire that Colonists begin to starve whilst operating them, which forces me to un-draft them before the job is done.

I've looked around on the forums for a possible solution, and the only mods I could find that would be helpful in solving my problem were mods involving combat droids; though the only ones I found were either broken and abandoned, or out-dated.

My request is simple: Could someone create a mod to implement either:

A) Buildable Combat Droids that come pre-armed (Or unarmed, whichever's easier. My Colony has lots of spare weapons hanging around) that cost metal to build, and explode when severely damaged in a similar fashion to the core turrets and mortars. The Droids must be able to operate the core mortars.

B) Automated Mortars that operate without needing Colonists to man them, but require power to do so, much like the Core "Improvised Turret"

If you're interested, please reply to this thread below, and let me know you're working on it.

~Cheers, Bloodpool

Haplo

I have an android that is active and up to date: Mia from Miscellaneous :)

LordBloodpool

Quote from: Haplo on July 25, 2014, 04:54:10 PM
I have an android that is active and up to date: Mia from Miscellaneous :)

I did have a look at MIA, and whilst it's a very cool idea, it doesn't really fit my requirements very well, as Mia can't be mass-produced quickly and requires an AI core, something that's very rare and has another important use.

I don't know much about modding, but it occurs to me that you could easily create a mod closer to the one I requested by simply by tweaking the existing stuff you have with MIA

Haplo

First: Mai doesn't need an ai core. I thought about it,  but didn't use the idea because of the rarity of it.
Second: Yes it would be possible to tweak her to be an pure war machine, but that is not something I like to do. I like to make my mods fit easily into the vanilla gameplay and I don't think war droids fit this requirement.
On a side node: Yes, It is doable but not easy. Nothing is really easy when you do pawn mods, as that is one of the most complicated game parts.

Berengar

Hmm  i would say MAI is near on the topic, but maybe you like the Droids from Mechanical Defense more. Its a litle bit more complicatet to build them, but there exist specific Droids like battle droids, household, Minedroids... I testet it, and yes, you can build an Droid factory, without Humans, when you want. And when the droids are too expensiv for you, you can change that over the Defs. But i personel would make new textures, when you want some real Droids, the native textures a looking more like Humans. I can make you some, just send me a picture of a droid/robot you like.^^

ps: I'm sry i know my english isn't good..