Pink Squares For head Apparel ??

Started by Sollaire, December 27, 2019, 11:28:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sollaire

I have decided to start modding rimworld after a vanilla playthrough, alas for a while things went fine until it all crashed in a blaze of glory
I managed to fix any mod conflicts that i had but for some reason some items equipped on the head such as vanilla hats and others like Gas masks cause the pink squares. I have gone through guides on how to order the mod list and stuff but i dont know what to do now. I would apreciate advice Thanks.

I'm also unsure on how to exactly post the errors that i have but i will post what i think may be useful
Also sorry for any bad english i am not american

https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/21aa5a62c03d6b697d8fb5f424e46857

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1949078987

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1949079128

Canute

Hi,
at first you did the right thing for a good request.
You used the green "Share log" button, if you didn't check the link you post yet, it include the modlist, patchings and the logfile.
But maybe load a safegame before, so the error's from that safegame are shown at the log too.

Pink things happen, when the textures/grafic for this item is missing.
Since the other pic show no pink squares, can it be that you removed some mods from your safegame  (i think a the "I managed to fix any mod conflicts").
Basicly not a wise choise to remove a mod from a safegame. That's it is only safe when this mod don't add anything to the game. In bad cases you can't even load the safegame anymore.

In your case i would suggest, undress the pawn with the pink square step by step until you identify the item that cause the pink square and hope it doesn't come from a hair mod (because i don't know an easy way to fix that).
Just destroy the item with the pink square (developer mode on, then command destroy). And maybe spawn a bowler hat as replacement ! :-)

Some hint's about combat extended, this mod change alot. And you shouldn't use other race,weapon,armor mod's without a CE patch or know that mod is good to use with CE.
I think Rimsenal don't works very well with CE, since alot or error/warnings are about both mods like
"Could not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.DamageDef named Shredder found to give to CombatExtended.ProjectilePropertiesCE CombatExtended.ProjectilePropertiesCE"

When you use mod's you should, activate them at smaller batches, so you notice early when a mod throw out errors (red text). Then you should overthink your choise to use that mods. Maybe you just forget a add required mod or put that required mod before the other.
Better don't use a mod that give you error's rather then to risk later a critical error that ruins your safegame.

SpaceDorf

you could repair the hair-bug with a barber or character edit mod, that lets you change hairstyles ingame

sometimes reloading or waiting helps, because it's an ingame hickup with the graphic adress ( happens with tiered androids in my game, a new android starts as pink rectangle and fixes itself after looking away for a few minutes )

use the mod- "show mod designators" - this little gem expands the item description of every modded item with the Name of the corresponding Mod

error by unzipping : the process created a folder to much, so the directory for the graphic becomes incorrect.

and like Canute said check every mod that adds either weapons or armor if it's CE compatible. Alpha Animals as well, I don't remember if you have to.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Sollaire

I shifted through the hairs in the character selection, it appears normally. I belive the cause of the texture error is specifically the apparel, i am using Combat Extended Fast track and found out it has problems dealing with modded apparel causing errors on its own items and others, the suggestion by the mod developer was to remove every apparel related mod's "GraphicApparelDetour.dll" to fix it.

That being said i have been comfortable messing around with the orders and Disabling/Enabling mods themselves but i am unsure what will happen if i go through with this. I am using steam installed mods, i think that if i were to find each mod that has that file and remove it, steam would just repair the mod, Any advice on what to do about this ?

Also thanks for the fast replies its very nice of ye

SpaceDorf

It is possible to create "offline versions" of steam mods, which get ignored by Steam then.
I don't know if it's a vanilla option, but you should use fluffies mod manager anyways  ;D

Canute

Since you use workshop it is a different when you (un)subscribe a mod and when you disable/enable a mod.
Disable/enable is inside Rimworld, and tell Rimworld if it should use or not use a mod. Disabling a mod didn't delete/remove it.
When you unsubscribe a mod, your local copy of it get deleted. And you allways should have the latest version of that mod.

For the most mod's the load order doesn't matter. Except when a mod got required mods, these required mod's need to be loaded first.
Mod's that doing/adding/modify the same you should avoid, but the last loaded mod normaly overwrite the others.
Like when at example 2 mod's would modify Bionic legs, you wouldn't have 2 or 3 (if you count the vanilla one too), just one with a mix of the stats of both mods, depend how the mod's modify the stats.
But if you like you can use mod sorting tools like
RimPy (windows only)
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49371.0
or
RWMS
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0

And maybe you should try to use a ModManager mod like the one from fluffy
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=16120.0
Which give you warnings when you miss a required mod at example.

Sollaire

Is it safe for me to just go to offline mode, Take all my workshop mod files and dump them into the game's actual mods file  ?

Sollaire

I tried removing the Dlls but no dice

This here is what is happening, but i dont understand why

Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/BowlerHat/BowlerHat_Male, color=RGBA(0.365, 0.286, 0.208, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.

Seems like similar stuff happens to gas masks and other headgear

Canute

Try to do a text search inside your mods folder for "BowlerHat".
You will get results that point to Core, you can ignore. The other search results should point you at the mod which modify/add these.
Once you know the mod, unsubscribe it so it get deleted from your local harddisk, then resubscribe.
Be sure it is a 1.0 mod and not a B19 one !!

Sollaire

Dear god i figured it out.

It was the Body types i had installed, for some reason they really mess with the game in a negative way, either because i had both the body types and Combat extended installed or because they are shoddily built

Either way, thanks alot for pointing me towards the mod managers, it made the whole process alot eazier Many thanks :)

SpaceDorf

Congratulations.
You are baptised by error and xml and reached a new level of understanding
Welcome to the Rimworld of Modding.

And my condolences. This is some kind of Hotel California deal.