Build Sandbags

Started by Dankpoodle, January 08, 2020, 12:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dankpoodle

Hi, I' in the turtorial, and am up to Build sandbags, and I've gone into architect, security, sandbag button, and tried to build in the designated area but keep geeting 'build sandbag in designated area' error message.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Kirby23590

Skip the Tutorial... Or disable any mods that you have, or redo the Tutorial since you might get a spawn that messes it up like the terrain...

Since the tutorial ain't perfect and is kinda messy, I whole recommend that you play the game and learn as you go...

Though i think you learned all the basics outside of combat basics though... Don't worry you might learn somethings about it as you play... ;)

One "happy family" in the rims...
Custom font made by Marnador.

skoshin

Quote from: Dankpoodle on January 08, 2020, 12:31:10 AM
Hi, I' in the turtorial, and am up to Build sandbags, and I've gone into architect, security, sandbag button, and tried to build in the designated area but keep geeting 'build sandbag in designated area' error message.  Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

thanks

Your steel might still be restricted/forbidden.  If there is a little red X on your items you can't interact with them.  To test and see, ESC out of every bar/character/action you're doing.

ON the UI bottom left, click Architect.

On the top left of the box that comes up is Orders, click that.

On the bottom of your screen is a new bar, 4th from the very right is forbid and beside that to the right is allow.  You can right click on allow and that will unforbid all.

It will tell you how many items will be effected.  If that's not the case you might not have anybody with a high enough level of construction to make them either.  But usually with new people it's the not allowing the use of all resources.  But you could also see your prawns (colonists) bio's and see what their construction levels are at.  And try right clicking with each individual one to see if they are able to.  It could also be that you don't have your construction allowed or activated in your work tabs.

That is right beside your architect tab.  If you really are NEW NEW, then don't worry about the manual work tab in the top left of the work menu that opens up, just use the basic to allow or disallow the designated tasks.

Hope that helps, if not let us know.  Good luck.