Help: "Failed to find Verse.ThingDef"

Started by Onyxae, January 08, 2020, 02:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onyxae

I was modding a mod because why not and I removed 3 animal races completely, absolutely no left overs in the code. But when I load the game up I get 6 errors. One is along the lines of:
Failed to find Verse.ThingDef named Cryo_Dragon_Race. There are 2008 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String, Object[])
Verse.GenDefDatabase:GetDef(Type, String, Boolean)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:BindDefsFor(Type)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:RebindAllDefOfs_Patch2(Boolean)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

and the other:
Failed to find Verse.PawnKindDef named Cryo_Dragon_Kind. There are 121 defs of this type loaded.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.DefDatabase`1:GetNamed(String, Boolean)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
Verse.GenGeneric:InvokeStaticMethodOnGenericType(Type, Type, String, Object[])
Verse.GenDefDatabase:GetDef(Type, String, Boolean)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:BindDefsFor(Type)
RimWorld.DefOfHelper:RebindAllDefOfs_Patch2(Boolean)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__1()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__1()

While this doesn't effect gameplay it makes the game boot up slower and brings up the debug log. Was wondering if anyone had a solution? Thanks.

Canute

Hi,
i am not a modder, but when Rimworld want a "Cryo_Dragon_Race" there must be an entry. Maybe not at that file you have modified.
Why you don't use a filemanager (windows explorer at example) search, and search the whole mod for "Cryo_Dragon_Race".
Then should get the file results which contain that string, then open the file with the texteditor and search again for "Cryo_Dragon_Race".

Onyxae

I would have to search through the entire Rimworld install? I've searched again and again through the mod but there are no search results that bring up what it's looking for =/

Canute

Only the mods folder.
And like i said before, Rimworld bitches around these errors, so some mod need to use these defs.

Do you use hugslib, then use the Share log button, maybe the logfile show more informations.

LWM

I sometimes get weird errors the first time I start a game after removing a mod?  Errors that go away when I start the game a second time.

Otherwise, it does seem something is looking for those defNames.  Find a good program that can search through all .xml files for certain text and go looking in the workshop(Steam)/Mods(non-Steam) folder :)