Suddenly can't feed alien humanoid pawns anymore. No instance AlienRaces mod bug

Started by HQQ, January 08, 2020, 04:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HQQ

I was at about a year during my playthrough, I've had alien races in my colony before, nothing wrong ever happened. Then suddenly, one day, my wardens stopped bringing food to my arachne prisoner and my dwarf slave stopped eating. When right-clicking on them with one of my colonists, it showed "ordered to work until done" under the colonist's info, as if I was using a Force Work order from Achtung!. This error pops up every time I click on the buggy pawns:

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

at AlienRace.HarmonyPatches.ThoughtsFromIngestingPostfix (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<RimWorld.ThoughtDef>&) <0x003a1>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.ThoughtsFromIngesting_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef) <0x003a0>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.FoodOptimality_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,Verse.ThingDef,single,bool) <0x0023b>

at RimWorld.FoodUtility.SpawnedFoodSearchInnerScan (Verse.Pawn,Verse.IntVec3,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.Thing>,Verse.AI.PathEndMode,Verse.TraverseParms,single,System.Predicate`1<Verse.Thing>) <0x001c7>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FoodUtility.BestFoodSourceOnMap_Patch1 (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.ThingDef&,RimWorld.FoodPreferability,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x00647>

at RimWorld.FoodUtility.TryFindBestFoodSourceFor (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Pawn,bool,Verse.Thing&,Verse.ThingDef&,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool,bool) <0x002cf>

at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Warden_DeliverFood.JobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00239>

at RimWorld.WorkGiver_Scanner.HasJobOnThing (Verse.Pawn,Verse.Thing,bool) <0x00031>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddJobGiverWorkOrders_Patch5 (Verse.IntVec3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>,bool) <0x00583>

at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.AddUndraftedOrders (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn,System.Collections.Generic.List`1<Verse.FloatMenuOption>) <0x0036d>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.ChoicesAtFor_Patch4 (UnityEngine.Vector3,Verse.Pawn) <0x00336>

at RimWorld.FloatMenuMakerMap.TryMakeFloatMenu (Verse.Pawn) <0x001e2>

at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Selector.HandleMapClicks_Patch1 (object) <0x002a4>

at RimWorld.Selector.SelectorOnGUI () <0x0001c>

at RimWorld.MapInterface.HandleLowPriorityInput () <0x0006d>

at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () <0x002f9>

at Verse.Root.OnGUI () <0x00112>

Have you guys any ideas? Please please help me out!

Canute

Hi,
looks like one of your many mods made trouble.
But it is hard to tell which one.
Open the log window, use the green "Share log" button and open the link you got.
At first you have the modlist, then the list of patches followed by the default rimworld log.
The patches are the ones you need to look.
Try to find "ChoicesAtFor_Patch4" or "HandleMapClicks_Patch1" or other patches you see at the error msg. to identify the mod.
After you got the mod, try to contact the mod author over the discussion. You can include the link too, it would helpful for the mod author to identify the problem.