Are there any practical reasons to buy the game at this point?

Started by Adrivan, January 08, 2020, 07:11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bozobub

^Exactly so.

Don't bother trying to excuse piracy to adults, it won't work for you.
Thanks, belgord!

LWM

Quote from: Haplo on January 20, 2020, 03:29:13 AM
Please abide by the community rules, especially this one or we'll be forced to lock/delete this discussion:

9. No piracy: No posting of game pirate links or material. No discussions of game piracy.

Oops, sorry!  I'll drop the discussion, thanks for the reminder.  Do enjoy the game, OP - it's fantastic and welcome to the Rim!

fritzgryphon

It's funny to see people ask "is X acclaimed indie game worth Y insignificant price?".  If I had worked a job instead of playing Rimworld I would have made over $25k.

And I do not regret it.

Logiwonk

Rimworld is the best value for money game I've ever bought. Full stop. I've been playing it for years now and probably have at least 400-500 hours into it. It's one of my go-tos and anytime you get bored you can switch things up by downloading some new mods and setting new goals for the playthrough. Go watch Rhadamant's Youtube series and you'll get and idea of how much of a blank canvas this game can be.

crowman

For $30 you get RjW which is, honestly, the only reason you should need.

Livingston I Presume

Also by asking these kind of questions you are perpetuating the culture of pirating games.  Devs like Tynan would not succeed and be able to make games if more people were like OP.  Don't be like OP, support the devs you wanna see more content from, vote with your wallets.