Can't capture dazed raiders?

Started by praguepride, July 25, 2014, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

praguepride

When a raider/colonist goes into the dazed or "neutral" states you are unable to capture them. I don't know if this is a bug or 'working as designed' but it is something that I have questions about.

How come you can arrest any other "neutral" character but these ones are uncapturable? If it's a game balance thing shouldn't it be more like you can capture them but recruit chance is 0%, maybe there's a huge -50 penalty to relations that takes days or weeks to offset or go away?

Another potential bug or "feature" is that siege parties quickly self destruct. Raiders are not immune to psychology so if you have a few snipers pick off a few guys on the outskirts, or get a couple lucky mortar hits of your own causing a couple explosions the entire raiding party will become disillusioned with itself and go into tantrum cycles of raiders going psycotic or "dazed and wandering off".

Finally when the raiders do go "dazed" even though they are colored as neutral they still open fire on site. Again bug or feature?

BetaSpectre

This is a feature as Dazed/Given up does not modify a pawn's hostility

Actually you can ALWAYS arrest a neutral party(should only be arrest and will be in future updates).

But you can only capture Incapacitated PEOPLE.

Dazed is not neutral those raiders (or any hostile) will shoot back once you close the distance.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

Shinzy

while they're mindlessly wandering around or given up and leaving they're much easier to go punch in the face though and incapacitate especially the latter type of crazy
they don't seem to fight back

very good source of prisoners after sieges, most of them still end up dead when punched in the face repeatedly but there's always few who survive

praguepride

Should it use the same color as neutral? When I saw the seige camp go neutral my first instinct was send forth the colonists to grab their stuff and had to reload when I got a face full of R-4. Maybe make them a different shade of red to say that "yeah we're still hostile but no we're not actively hunting you down"