Looking For Mod/Request: Reliable Nonlethal Solutions

Started by Riddle78, January 09, 2020, 11:56:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riddle78

I've noticed that RimWorld has a shocking lack of nonlethal solutions to interpersonal conflict. Edged weapons lop off limbs and make you bleed out. Pointed weapons destroy organs. Blunt weapons are the go-to for nonlethal elimination,but in the hands of 20 Melee cyborg supermen,even that goes out the window with consistent skull and sternum crushings. And said cyborg supermen going at attackers with nothing more than fisticuffs and armour is liable to see those valuable colony members either die,or get crippled.

I've only used two mods that claim to have nonlethal solutions. Remote Tech has two remote charges,the Sleeping Gas Canister and the Refined Sleeping Gas Canister. Both demand an enclosed space to operate,and take time to function. Further,you need to vent the gas hut in order to make it safe for your colonists,even wearing gas masks,to collect their prisoners. And by that time,your prisoners have probably woken up. Combined,this means that it's extremely impractical to try and gas people into submission. The second mod is GlitterTech,with its Orion Corporation Pacifier. It claims to inflict more pain than damage,but the issue is that it's nothing more than an electrified knife. As a stabbing weapon,it's quite likely to damage essential organs,especially in the hands of a Melee 20 cyborg superman.

So,I'm now looking for a mod that adds reliable,practical,and consistent nonlethal weapons to the game,so I may take prisoners for either negotiation,penal labour,or organ harvesting.

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Divenity

Combat Extended has beanbag rounds for shotguns ^.^