I got an odd error

Started by sufuurin, January 18, 2020, 10:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sufuurin

I was turning on my mods, restarted loaded a map with it all those mods all is well until i got this particular error 
(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

Root level exception in OnGUI(): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.UIRoot_Play.UIRootOnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Root.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It got spammed repeatedly, I looked into it a found several thing that may cause it. Ram not being enough, Or failed to locate the file. Currently im slowly disabling mods until i can find which causes it.

Canute

Hi,
i don't think it a Memory thing, since Rimworld got the 64 bit version memory problems shouldn't be a problem.
Even when your mashine got less memory, most OS would swap memory parts to the local partition.

Failed to locate a file, no these "Filename: C:/buildslave/" is a standard unity output msg.

The important part is
"RimWorld.MapInterface.MapInterfaceOnGUI_BeforeMainTabs ()"
i am not a dev or modder, but i interpret that error that there is a problem to put/draw things on the map (not worldmap i think).
But that's all about hint that msg. give us.
Now you need to look which mods you use modify/change anything on the map.