[Request] used apparel as cost reduction and mood debuff (instead of tainted)

Started by paragonid, January 18, 2020, 04:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paragonid

I would like any cloths to be marked as used any time someone wears them, dropping the value of them.
Mood debuff can be applied if it was used by anyone except the original pawn.

It should eliminate "strip alive enemies" minigame from tainted mechanics. In that sense, all cloths are kinda tainted just because someone already worn it.

5thHorseman

I can't get behind this. I find the "Tainted" mechanic one of the more infuriating in the game.

Especially in Naked Brutality. It's hard enough to get clothes early, could I just PLEASE wear that ratty t-shirt that was the only clothing item on the guy that just attacked me with a knife and almost ended my run? Then I can combine the shirt with the 15% quality pants from the last attacker and finally get rid of the naked debuff before it makes me sad wander into that insect cave? Is that REALLY that crazily OP?
Toolboxifier - Soil Clarifier
I never got how pawns in the game could have such insanely bad reactions to such mundane things.
Then I came to the forums.

paragonid

Quote from: 5thHorseman on January 18, 2020, 09:41:29 PM
I can't get behind this. I find the "Tainted" mechanic one of the more infuriating in the game.

Especially in Naked Brutality. It's hard enough to get clothes early, could I just PLEASE wear that ratty t-shirt that was the only clothing item on the guy that just attacked me with a knife and almost ended my run? Then I can combine the shirt with the 15% quality pants from the last attacker and finally get rid of the naked debuff before it makes me sad wander into that insect cave? Is that REALLY that crazily OP?

Not sure I understand you. You can't get behind me using a mod for my game?

How is your frustration is related to my mod request?

Canute

Quoteall cloths are kinda tainted just because someone already worn it.
It isn't because someone worn it, it is because it is from a dead one.
I don't know myself why i should have bad mood about to wear clothes from a dead one. I prolly would think, Thank you stranger for your gift. But maybe i am a psychopath anyway ! :-)

There are some mod that remove the tainted flag from clothes. But they won't reduce the value.
Maybe ask a mod author of one of these mod's that they exchange the Tainted with a new created worn flag to reduce the value but without mood.

A good alternative are mod that reclaim/recycle all kind of clothes. Then you can use the resources to craft new stuff.

paragonid

Quote from: Canute on February 01, 2020, 04:19:04 AM
Quoteall cloths are kinda tainted just because someone already worn it.
It isn't because someone worn it, it is because it is from a dead one.
I don't know myself why i should have bad mood about to wear clothes from a dead one. I prolly would think, Thank you stranger for your gift. But maybe i am a psychopath anyway ! :-)

There are some mod that remove the tainted flag from clothes. But they won't reduce the value.
Maybe ask a mod author of one of these mod's that they exchange the Tainted with a new created worn flag to reduce the value but without mood.

A good alternative are mod that reclaim/recycle all kind of clothes. Then you can use the resources to craft new stuff.

How do you know where cloths came from in first place? Why does one care if cloths are from dead body or from 1 second before death body? There's been a lot of discussion about it in other threads, it's not about

Reclaim/recycle are not good alternative, forces additional micromanagement by more mechanics, not what I want.

I would be fine with "used by others" mood debuff, but imagine it's harder to implement.

Canute

QuoteHow do you know where cloths came from in first place?
Hmm, when you notice a hole at a duster  or some cut's .
Ok about cut at the clothes could be fashion and maybe hole's too. But if at last it could be suspious.
Some people don't like it to get remembered at the dead other don't care.
But ask house broker how difficult it is to sell a house when the previous owner got murdered there.

paragonid

Quote from: Canute on February 01, 2020, 05:28:16 AM
QuoteHow do you know where cloths came from in first place?
Hmm, when you notice a hole at a duster  or some cut's .
Ok about cut at the clothes could be fashion and maybe hole's too. But if at last it could be suspious.
Some people don't like it to get remembered at the dead other don't care.
But ask house broker how difficult it is to sell a house when the previous owner got murdered there.

You are going offtopic. There's better threads where this has been discussed. This is mod request.
Not everyone has died violently, no effect on integrity like holes, cloths still have tainted tag.
Some died to blunt weapon only, still tainted.
More cloths have holes just due to work usage than killing, millions of people worldwide use working uniform like that without suicidal thoughts everyday.
I don't really care about mood debuff, I'm already avoiding such in my modded game. But economic value of all the cloths if tainted tag is just removed is too much