Everytime my animal ingame got fully healed my game crashes

Started by NakkuDesu, January 19, 2020, 05:41:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NakkuDesu

I... Really don't know what's happening?
Every time an animal is fully healed, my game suddenly froze and it crashes!
I can slaughter the animal and it'll stop the effect, but why would I slaughter all my animal >:(
just seems like a bad thing to do. Anyway, please do help

Canute

Hi,
QuoteD:\Games\RimWorld x86\RimWorldWin.exe, run by Gygabte.
93% memory in use.
0 MB physical memory [489 MB free].
0 MB paging file [0 MB free].
0 MB user address space [38 MB free].
looks like your system run out of memory.

Not sure if your system is that small.
Or when you got enough resources you should use the 64 bit version of Rimworld.
Alternativ you need to play small. Standard maps instead larger ones. Not that many animal's or smaller colonies at all.

NakkuDesu

Oh, thanks, is there any way to clear the memory? Or should I just start a new colony?
Does mod effect this too?

Canute

RuntimeGC In-Game Cleaner mod can help you to free up some memory.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=46581.0

Yes mods increase the memory need too, depend on the mod.
If your system is that small, like i mention before at your next colony use a smaller map, smaller world and not that many mod that add new content.

NakkuDesu

I know this is an old topic, but can I have your attention again, I need help. Can you please tell me what mod affects the memory the most? Because most of my mods are small mods (from what I've known). And there's a lot of error too.

Canute

About the memory need, basicly Quality of life mods that just change/patch some vanilla behavior don't need much memory.
Mods thats add content like Races,animals,stuff need more memory, but only at the beginning (so far i know).
Mods that change the thinking of a pawn (like psychology) , can use alot of memory during gameplay, same to pathfinding things.

Error's are bad.
Special when these error allready happen after Rimworld start before you load a safegame.
They can lead that a mod don't work at all or not like expected, and can even lead to critical error that prevent you from playing that colony.

So when you activate mod you should do that at small batches, and check the log window each time if error's show up.
Sometimes it is just a missing required mod that you forget to put before the mod who need it, or when you installed it manual a wrong installation/filestructure/download.
After you identify that mod which cause error you should take a look at the mod disscussion if there is anything or ask the mod author if he wasn't offline too long.

Shortly someone got a drama with his hugh modlist
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50121.0

NakkuDesu

Right, thanks.
I've changed the mod, I hope it won't do the same problem as last time,
but a new problem arose. When I load my game all I can see is a grey screen, and when
I try to make a new game it won't load for me (A common problem) but I still don't know how to fix it,
I would reckon it's because of my mod errors.

https://git.io/JvtXY

Canute

Quote<targetVersion> in mod About.xml is deprecated! Use <supportedVersions> tag instead. (example: <supportedVersions><li>1.0</li></supportedVersions>)
Malformed (correct format is Major.Minor) version string on mod Call of Cthulhu - Straitjackets from Jecrell "1.0.0" - parsed as "1.0"
All these similar warnings are from mod's that didn't got updated to the new syntax.
You can ignore these warning they don't affect the mod, but you should be cautious with these mods because they don't get supported anymore (more or less).

QuoteReflectionTypeLoadException getting types in assembly O21Toolbox: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.
  at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly:GetTypes (bool)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ModAssemblyHandler.AssemblyIsUsable (System.Reflection.Assembly asm) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
What did i wrote at my previous posting ?
QuoteSometimes it is just a missing required mod that you forget to put before the mod who need it, or when you installed it manual a wrong installation/filestructure/download.

QuoteException loading list from XML: System.MissingMethodException: Cannot create an abstract class 'Verse.DefModExtension'.
I think this are the result from previous mistake too.

Quote[More Vanilla Turrets - Turret Extensions Patch] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAddModExtension(*/ThingDef[defName="GunComplex" or defName="RocketComplex"]) failed
file: [Rimworld_dir]\Mods\1516356320\Patches\Patch.xml
Similar like above, you miss the required mod.
I think you subscribe the wrong mod and got the patch instead the turrets.

QuoteFailed to patch EdB.PrepareCarefully.PanelAppearance: System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'EdB.PrepareCarefully.CustomPawn' from assembly 'EdBPrepareCarefully, Version=1.0.11.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
Some mod try to made a patch for an older version of  EdB.PrepareCarefully.
I think it is a hair style mod, and you prolly can't select these hair styles at  EdB.PrepareCarefully.

QuoteError while instantiating a mod of type CommonSense.CommonSense: System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: The classes in the module cannot be loaded.

at CommonSense.PatchBadHy+JobGiver_UseToilet_GetPriority_CommonSensePatch.Prepare () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
I think commonSense mod try to patch Dub's hygiene mod, but you don't have it active.
Since you use Dub's hygiene it wouldn't affect anything.

QuoteCould not resolve cross-reference: No Verse.SoundDef named Recipe_Cooking found to give to Verse.RecipeDef MakeAYCalciumCarbonateFromEggs (using undefined sound instead)
and similar, no sound output for these actions, but shouldn't affect the mod itself.
If you know which mod would add CalciumCarbonate you should ask the mod author.

I realy think you didn't read my last posting and activate all mods you subscribe at once.