Help me please

Started by linreche, January 21, 2020, 01:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

linreche

hello
(sorry, bad english)

i'm recently discovered this game, and i love it
But sadly the game (lagging) stutters every second or two on 1x speed, and this happened when i build batteries (4 batteries) to store electricity, and specifically when i drag the camera on batteries zone.
i did a lot of search to find if others players have same issue, but nothing

Help me please

My PC:
CPU: I5-4690
GPU: GTX 550 TI
RAM: 16 GB ADATA

-i play RimWorld (x64) full vanilla (no mods)
-i checke my log file (no errors)

There is another thing i just discovered for testing (i don't know nothing about modding)
i change XML file <tickerType> Tag for battery:

<tickerType>Normal</tickerType>
to
<tickerType>Rare</tickerType>

i load my save game, and the stutters is less not so much.

so please help me, what <tickerType> do ? is this changing anything on game ? it can break my game play ?

i lost a lot of time to figure out, without playing :(
thank you

Canute

Hi,
basicly your system should be more then enough to run Rimworld well.
There is allready a topic about some some lag shuttering, but at first i don't think they belong together.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49133.0
But maybe you can try to use the 32 bit version if that maybe helps.

But since people don't have problems, special not when they play without mods, maybe it is a problem at your system side.
Do you have some background tools open, like video capture or other tools that affect video.
When did you update the last time your video driver ?

linreche

Quote from: Canute on January 21, 2020, 04:22:20 AM
Hi,
basicly your system should be more then enough to run Rimworld well.
There is allready a topic about some some lag shuttering, but at first i don't think they belong together.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49133.0
But maybe you can try to use the 32 bit version if that maybe helps.

But since people don't have problems, special not when they play without mods, maybe it is a problem at your system side.
Do you have some background tools open, like video capture or other tools that affect video.
When did you update the last time your video driver ?

thx for reply

The game run smoothly, i have 8 Colonists and lot animals (20 Muffalo) but when i build up my batteries and start charging; the game start lagging

i read almost all topic about lag shuttering, no one mentioned batteries !
i dont have any background tools open, just the game it self.
i never update my video driver !

Canute

So you should update your video driver at first.
Maybe unity the grafic engine use some methodes at the batteries the old driver don't support well.

About the tickertype i found at the wiki
QuoteCompTick

Runs once every Tick, but only if the TickerType of the parent is TickerType Normal.
CompTickRare

Runs once every TickRare, but only if the TickerType of the parent is TickerType Rare.

There is no CompTickLong.
And about the ticks
QuoteTime in RimWorld passes as a series of ticks. On normal game speed, there are 60 such ticks to a real second; there are always 2,500 ticks to one in-game hour.

LWM

TickerType tells the game engine how often to activate the logic for the Thing in question.  TickerType normal means that every "tick" the game engine checks the battery to see what they need to do.  TickerType rare means the game only checks the battery every 250(?) ticks, so it doesn't affect the processor load as much.  BUT, if the batteries are set up to use tickerType "normal," the logic may be wrong for "rare" and the battery may not work well.

Batteries don't work much every tick; it's very strange.

Does the "Debug" log show any errors?  (You have to turn on Debug Mode to be able to see it)

Weird question:  Does the problem happen if you are playing in English?

linreche

i apology

i get new CPU (i7-4790K), rework my system i back to windows 8.1 (f**k win10), all driver update
Start new game, the game work fine, no lag when i use batteries now.

LWM

Quote from: linreche on January 29, 2020, 03:06:39 PM
i back to windows 8.1 (f**k win10)
Amen!

Actually, win10 is just about as good as 8.1.  Anyway, congratulations on fixing it!