[Mod Help] Errors for everyone

Started by Sarelth, January 21, 2020, 03:43:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarelth

Started up Rimworld after a bit of a break and have been getting a lot of errors, most likely due to the 400-ish mods I had installed. I uninstalled some, but I am getting errors in game now that I go that running again.

Been getting these as errors in game - https://pastebin.com/MTLzax5d
No idea why or how the are caused, but it looks like a creature mod I have is one culprit.

There are more errors, like all NPCs being named ErrorName as well as factions... Any help would be appreciated.

Sarelth

Sarelth

Then I get an error that looks to be related to a thought bubbles mod I have. \
https://pastebin.com/m0bmJBMQ

So anyone that can read those errors, if you can let me in on their secrets would be cool

Canute

Hi,
before i try to interprete some of these error, which is mosttime pointless anyway because there are rarely hints about the mod.
I will give you the generell hint about mods.
You just showed error's after loading a safegame like
"Could not resolve reference to object with loadID Thing_ACPChipmunk12454 of type Verse.Pawn. Was it compressed away, destroyed, had no ID number, or not saved/loaded right? curParent=SmartMedicine.SurgeryUnlimited.SurgeryUnlimitedGameComponent "
When you read the msg. it explain it self, and even a hint about the mod.
The 3. link looks more like debug messages or are these red at the log window ?

More important are, do you got error's after Rimworld startup before you even load/start a colony ?
When yes, you maybe should rebuild your modlist and eliminate these errors.
Ok, it is prolly impossible to eliminate all errors with a 400+ modlist but you should try to have so much as possble errors at startup as possible.
Basicly each error increase the chance that you will encounter later a critical error that maybe ruind your safegame.
On such big modlist the mod sorting tools might be a good idea too.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=48518.0
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49371.0

And a last comment, the green button "Share log" is a feature from the mod Hugslib to share modlist and logfiles.

Sarelth

Okay, that helps me read the messages a little. That was a yellow error that only showed up in-game. I did have a few red errors when I loaded into the main screen. But none that seemed related. I have been whittling away at the mods trying to get rid of redundant ones, I found a few a far.

Trying the mod sorter now.

Canute

Red = errors, they are the bad important things
Yellow = warnings, can be ignored
White = notify or debug msg.

And yes, mosttimes error's can be assigned to a specify mod. That's why i suggest to activate mod's at small batches (5-10) so you early see if some mod cause errors on startup.
Sure with 400+ with the hugh loading times later it will be a pain, but less pain when you can't play your safegame anymore.
If you use steam, maybe try out some some other mod collections, they should a bit safe to use.

But be aware, not every mod work's well together with other mods. Special when you have mod's that don't got updated lately you should be careful.

Sarelth

My modlist has been cut down a bunch,  so it is no longer 400 I think. I still get some errors, but was able to play with only one crash for a good few hours. I did start out with a modpack and just modified it from there.

Save games are currently not a worry as I am just trying to make sure it works, I can always restart. I got a few red Errors when I loaded in this time, I think I can see where some are from easy enough. P{robably to many animals....

Current errors are https://pastebin.com/XFQcQUE3

Canute

Quote[Rimfire 2.5] Using outdated ModCheck.dll
Add Modcheck as mod to your modlist too, right below Core.

Did you read what i wrote before about the message colour ?
Are the messages from Combat Readiness Check:.... in red ?
I don't think so, so they arn't errors just notify msg.

QuoteXML error: Duplicate XML node name affordances in this XML block: <TerrainDef Abstract="True" Name="WaterDeepBase" ParentName="WaterBase"><texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/WaterDeepRamp</texturePath><waterDepthShader>Map/WaterDepth</waterDepthShader><passability>Impassable</passability><pathCost>300</pathCost><affordances><li>BridgeableAny</li></affordances><affordances><li>BridgeableDeep</li></affordances></TerrainDef>
Looks like the mod author made a mistake, or some other mod changed the def.
You can try to search at the mods folder for "WaterDeepBase" inside the files, and you should find the mod which used this.

Same with the other XML and Root node errors.

Sarelth

The reds are mostly related to some animals and Word String stuff once I try to load a game.

Sarelth

This error is Red and is caused when colony members chatting to each other.
Certain topics seem to cause errors. NPCs have a large number of Errorname for their name. I get weird named NPC Colonies also. Maybe the same reason, I am not sure. Just need some help figuring it out.

GrammarResolver failed to resolve a text (rootKeyword: r_logentry)
Custom rules:
  INITIATOR_nameFull->Sansa Stark
  INITIATOR_label->Sansa
  INITIATOR_definite->Sansa
  INITIATOR_nameDef->Sansa
  INITIATOR_indefinite->Sansa
  INITIATOR_nameIndef->Sansa
  INITIATOR_pronoun->she
  INITIATOR_possessive->her
  INITIATOR_objective->her
  INITIATOR_factionName->The Lost
  INITIATOR_kind->colonist
  INITIATOR_title->urbworld entrepreneur
  RECIPIENT_nameFull->Brie 'Winter' Winterzee
  RECIPIENT_label->Winter
  RECIPIENT_definite->Winter
  RECIPIENT_nameDef->Winter
  RECIPIENT_indefinite->Winter
  RECIPIENT_nameIndef->Winter
  RECIPIENT_pronoun->she
  RECIPIENT_possessive->her
  RECIPIENT_objective->her
  RECIPIENT_factionName->The Lost
  RECIPIENT_kind->colonist
  RECIPIENT_title->defector

Bare includes:
  r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] and [RECIPIENT_nameDef] [talkedabout] [TalkTopicLight].
  r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] [talkedabout] [TalkTopicLight] with [RECIPIENT_nameDef].
  r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] [commentedabout] [TalkTopicLight] to [RECIPIENT_nameDef].
  talkedabout->chatted about
  talkedabout->shared a word about
  talkedabout->spoke about
  talkedabout->gabbed about
  talkedabout->talked about
  talkedabout->joked about
  talkedabout->quipped about
  commentedabout->said something about
  commentedabout->said a word about
  commentedabout->made a comment about
  commentedabout->commented about
  commentedabout->told a joke about

Constants:
  INITIATOR_flesh: Normal
  RECIPIENT_flesh: Normal

0 ->[r_logentry]
1    r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] [talkedabout] [TalkTopicLight] with [RECIPIENT_nameDef].
2       INITIATOR_nameDef->Sansa
2       talkedabout->shared a word about
2       TalkTopicLight->[Game] UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Game'
2       TalkTopicLight->[talktopiclightfile] UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'talktopiclightfile'
2       TalkTopicLight->learning [Game] UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Game'
2       TalkTopicLight->taming [Animal]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Animal'
2       TalkTopicLight->crazy [Animal]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Animal'
2       TalkTopicLight->practicing [Game] UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Game'
2       TalkTopicLight->playing [Game] UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Game'
2       TalkTopicLight->eating [Vegetable]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Vegetable'
2       TalkTopicLight->[TerrainFeature]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'TerrainFeature'
2       TalkTopicLight->wearing [Apparel]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Apparel'
2       TalkTopicLight->cooking with [Vegetable]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Vegetable'
2       TalkTopicLight->making [Apparel]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Apparel'
2       TalkTopicLight->fighting [Animal]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Animal'
2       TalkTopicLight->using [Weapon]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Weapon'
2       TalkTopicLight->[PersonJob]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'PersonJob'
2       TalkTopicLight->friendly [PersonJob]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'PersonJob'
2       TalkTopicLight->[Apparel]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Apparel'
2       TalkTopicLight->[NaturalObject]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'NaturalObject'
2       TalkTopicLight->fighting [Enemy]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Enemy'
2       TalkTopicLight->[TreeType] trees UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'TreeType'
2       TalkTopicLight->[Animal]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Animal'
2       TalkTopicLight->[Enemy]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Enemy'
2       TalkTopicLight->practicing with [Weapon]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Weapon'
2       TalkTopicLight->[Weapon]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Weapon'
2       TalkTopicLight->hostile [PersonJob]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'PersonJob'
2       TalkTopicLight->[Vegetable]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Vegetable'
2       TalkTopicLight->training [Animal]s UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'Animal'UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'TalkTopicLight'
2       RECIPIENT_nameDef->Winter
1    r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] [commentedabout] [TalkTopicLight] to [RECIPIENT_nameDef].
2       commentedabout->told a joke about UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'TalkTopicLight'
1    r_logentry->[INITIATOR_nameDef] and [RECIPIENT_nameDef] [talkedabout] [TalkTopicLight].
2       talkedabout->gabbed about UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'TalkTopicLight'UNRESOLVABLE: Cannot resolve subsymbol 'r_logentry'
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Log:ErrorOnce(String, Int32, Boolean)
Verse.Grammar.GrammarResolver:ResolveUnsafe(String, GrammarRequest, Boolean&, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.Grammar.GrammarResolver:ResolveUnsafe(String, GrammarRequest, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.Grammar.GrammarResolver:ResolveUnsafe(String, GrammarRequest, Boolean&, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.Grammar.GrammarResolver:ResolveUnsafe(String, GrammarRequest, String, Boolean, Boolean)
Verse.Grammar.GrammarResolver:Resolve(String, GrammarRequest, String, Boolean, String)
Verse.PlayLogEntry_Interaction:ToGameStringFromPOV_Worker(Thing, Boolean)
Verse.LogEntry:ToGameStringFromPOV(Thing, Boolean)
Bubbles.Interface.Bubbler:Add(LogEntry)
Bubbles.Patch.Verse_PlayLog_Add:Postfix(LogEntry)
Verse.PlayLog:Add_Patch1(Object, LogEntry)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractWith(Pawn, InteractionDef)
Hospitality.Harmony.TryInteractRandomly:Replacement(Pawn_InteractionsTracker, Boolean&)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:TryInteractRandomly_Patch1(Object)
RimWorld.Pawn_InteractionsTracker:InteractionsTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick_Patch1(Object)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Canute

Looks like you allready got a clue what mod could made these error.
(i don't think it is Hospitality, because you see that name at the msg.)
Just deactivate it to verify it.
After that check if that mod installed correctly (if you installed it manualy).
Check if that mod maybe need another mod to work.
Look at the mod discussion about hints or ask the mod author.