Game not let me quit to OS

Started by howtoplay3, January 23, 2020, 08:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

howtoplay3

Just as topic i can't quit the game using "Quit to OS" in game menu bar, i need to use ALT+F4 instead.
It annoyed me, but it doesn't affect the gameplay that much i can play it properly without any single bug.

I've tried
- reinstall even in different harddisk it didn't solve this problem.
- no mod subscribed and installed, there's "Core" only but the problem still the same.
- using steam to play.

This is my pc spec.
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Windows 10 (64 bit)
Driver: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 16 GB

Link for dev. alert if attach not work.
https://www.mx7.com/view2/BTOKg0oLTFIyRyXC

thanks for the replying my English and grammar really suck. i've never used it for the whole years :(

Canute

Hi,
don't worry about your english, my one isn't much better. Noone rate it so long it is understandable.

I don't think you got a problem with the game itself.
More a problem with your system.
Rimworld try to write or read a file/directory but can't.
So maybe your volume is full, the destination got wrong read/write permissions.
Try to run Rimworld with Admin right maybe that allready fix the problem.
Over the Option menu you can open the saved data folder, check if there are enough space and access rights.
Rimworld create a logfile at the installation, but that get created at Rimworld start and not at closing so i don't think there is a problem.

harpo99999

I also have been seeing this issue for atleast the last 4 major versions(definitely a15 and later) on w7 32 bit (both mod free and modded) the only ways I can exit the game are
(1) to use the CROSS on the top right of the game window (that closes the entire windows process for the game)
or
(2) a crash to desktop from the ram leaks over a couple of days playing
and the exit to os button has NOT worked for me for the entire time

howtoplay3

Quote from: Canute on January 23, 2020, 08:50:23 AM
Hi,
don't worry about your english, my one isn't much better. Noone rate it so long it is understandable.

I don't think you got a problem with the game itself.
More a problem with your system.
Rimworld try to write or read a file/directory but can't.
So maybe your volume is full, the destination got wrong read/write permissions.
Try to run Rimworld with Admin right maybe that allready fix the problem.
Over the Option menu you can open the saved data folder, check if there are enough space and access rights.
Rimworld create a logfile at the installation, but that get created at Rimworld start and not at closing so i don't think there is a problem.

Thanks to you mate i solved this yesterday. this case is very simple. I just run this game as an administrator and it work properly. :)