'Error in WorldGenStep' Prevents the loading of unchanged Saved Game

Started by Vanate, January 23, 2020, 06:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanate

Hello there! Thanks for taking the time to consider this issue:

Just today I successfully added 3 mods to a modded Permadeath-Save and was able to run the game with no issues.

After saving the game and returning to the menu, I attempted to run the save again - but was greeted with the message claiming 'Error while loading a map'.

This would seem to rule out the possibility that any mods conflict within the save, and I don't believe any of the mods updated in the short time I exited the Save. Removing the mods i added before first running the Save today would not allow me to run the Save.

Regardless, I'm terrible with any form of error log or code - so ill attache the output_log.

Thanks in advance!

Canute

Hello there! Thanks for taking no time to consider to read sticky postings ! :-(

QuoteError in WorldGenStep: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at RimWorld.Planet.World.FillComponents () <0x0007e>
at (wrapper dynamic-method) RimWorld.Planet.World.ExposeComponents_Patch1 (object) <0x002f5>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenStep_Components.GenerateFromScribe (string) <0x00063>
at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateFromScribe (string) <0x00163>

I don't think mods get updated during gameplay, and if steam would do that, Rimworld only load them on a new startup, so i think it is a mod problem.
The highlighted phrase show a patch inside the error msg. with this you might can find the mod which do the patch.
But that wouldn't help you much either, you prolly can't remove that mod and just could report the problem to the mod author.

That's the risk with modded gameplay and Permadeath colony, you got striked by a planetkiller asteroids named MODISSUE 42.

To find the mod with the patch "ExposeComponents_Patch1" you press CTRL-F12 to use the hugslib feature to upload modlist,patchlist,logfile.
Open the link you got.
Search the text for "ExposeComponents_Patch1" and you maybe see at the line a hint about the mod.

If that don't get a result.
You can search inside the Mods folder at the rimworld installation for "ExposeComponents_Patch1".

Vanate

Thanks for all your help dude. I'll check into that. Cheers for the clear instructions. Good advice for the future too.

Sorry that I didn't use the sticky - I looked through the bug report but did not really know what I was looking for.

Thanks again!