[SOLVED] Blurry UI in Vanilla game (Windows 10 64-bit)

Started by Collserra, January 25, 2020, 10:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collserra

-----EDIT-----
I've figured it out. It must have been a combination of my windows version and my graphics driver version. I installed the previous graphics version just for kicks and that fixed my problem for me!

-----EDIT-----

1. I left Rimworld on overnight running on the main menu (10+ hours).

2. When I came back, everything on screen is "blurry"... The UI, the textures, even the main menu.

3. I expected nothing really to have changed considering I made no changes to my system.

4. Start up a heavily modded Rimworld and load a long-term save. Back out into the main menu. Leave it on overnight. Those are the steps that I performed before the game became blurry for me.

5. As part of my testing to try and fix this myself, I deleted all my save games. I've attached a savegame of a fresh vanilla save that was literally just made.

6. Log file attached.

https://imgur.com/a/NE1pdTO
Screenshots of blurry menu.

System info:

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (build 18363)
CPU: Intel Core i5-8400
GPU: Radeon RX470 8gb
16 GB RAM

What I have tried: (mostly in chronological order)

-Verifying file integrity via steam (which said everything was okay)
-Removing mods and trying with a vanilla game (but with LocalLow data, savegames data, etc still there
-Changing my graphics settings (reset to default, disable options like virtual super resolution, etc.)
-Ensuring Rimworld's graphics settings are not the cause (set to monitor's native resolution, etc.)
-Trying to start it up on another monitor (it looks the same)
-Trying other games on the same monitor (Prison architect first because the art style is so similar, but a few others too. All of them were fine)
-Deleting all data from the steam folder of the game, workshop files in steam, and LocalLow data
-Running Rimworld from the installation folder directly (as opposed to via Steam)

Any help would be appreciated!