Help with game generating invisible pawns

Started by sudo, January 26, 2020, 12:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sudo

So I have been working on a custom race mod using alien framework. I was able to successfully create a race and everything was working fine until i decided rather than using the default body textures, I would use custom ones. Now the game generates the pawns as invisible. There is no pink box or dialog errors indicating a wrong texture path and when I use prepare carefully to generate the pawn instead of letting the game do it, the pawns generate with the right custom textures. I also have separate races that work correctly using custom head textures, it just seems like this particular race wont generate properly. Any insight on how to fix this or what exactly would be bugged?

LWM

I think you should fix it by renaming the race "Ghosts" and working on some haunting logic.

...that's all I got, sorry.  I'd probably look at what prepare carefully actually does?  Good luck.

sudo

Quote from: LWM on January 26, 2020, 02:41:44 PM
I think you should fix it by renaming the race "Ghosts" and working on some haunting logic.

...that's all I got, sorry.  I'd probably look at what prepare carefully actually does?  Good luck.

haha, I actually solved the problem a short while after posting after days of trying to figure out what was wrong. It turns out my rgba code for color generation wasn't in the correct format, which I didnt even consider since the log wasnt throwing out any errors but makes sense in hindsight.