How can I break a pawn's spine on purpose without killing them ?

Started by Aydnie, January 28, 2020, 12:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aydnie

I want to break a pawn spine, but i don't want her dead. (she is the sister of one of my colonists, i don't want that colonist to get mad because of an ally death ; but her sister is useless, i want to get rid of her so i'm planning to sell/offer her to slave traders, and i want to break as many body parts as i can before selling her).

How can I do this ? I asked a pawn to stab her with a sword, but she died, so I reloaded my save, asked another one to fire on her with a gun, but she also died, I don't know what is the best way to get a broken spine ; i don't have a bionic spine that I can install/remove, i don't know if there is another way of harmlessly removing a spine.

Any ideas ?

B@R5uk

Why would you do that? With all the troubles. Just transport pod her to nearby friendly settlement as a gift and be done with it. And when you sell relatives, selling pawn gets social debuff not just for human trafficking but for selling relatives too. It lasts much more longer.

Livingston I Presume

Jesus christ have some compassion!  Either gift her as mentioned above, or just put her in a cryo pod, you could even just put her in prison you know? 

Bozobub

Quote from: Livingston I Presume on January 29, 2020, 07:16:33 PM
Jesus christ have some compassion!  Either gift her as mentioned above, or just put her in a cryo pod, you could even just put her in prison you know?
You need to realize that RimWorld pawns are not sentient and do not have emotions.
Thanks, belgord!

LWM

Psychopath - Livingston I Presume has no empathy.  The suffering of others doesn't bother....

;)

This is a weird game, but if that's the way you want to play?  Just get it out of your system and don't do it to ppl  ;D

SpaceCows

As far as I know, all attacks hit randomly. You could put on flak pants & a helmet to protect those body parts, but ultimately which part is hit is random.

If you really want to immobilize her, install & remove peg legs.

Ultimately, I'm not sure the value in doing this. If you want to sell her, the more in-tact she is, the higher her value. Euthanizing her or putting her in a cryptosleep casket are likely your best options.

Perhaps there may be a way to treat her other injuries and let them heal, but keep her spine injured? Then you do a bit of damage, heal, repeat. Unfortunately I'm not aware of a way to target which injuries get tended next.