[1.0.2408 64x] Unfinished items show description of finished item.

Started by sjaak31367, February 01, 2020, 02:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sjaak31367

Circumstances: I was making a mod to add a new recipe for a vanilla item.
One which has an "Unfinished X" item while it is being crafted (like art, or guns. Unlike meals.)
When I noticed the description of the "Unfinished X" item was different from what I had written. The description was that of the output item, ignoring the description that was put in the "Unfinished X" ThingDef.

Point: Unfinished items disregard the description in their ThingDef, and instead display that of the finished product.

Steps to recreate:
1) In "Mods/Core/Defs/ThingDefs_Items/Items_Unfinished.xml", after line #45 (<label></label>), add a line containing: <description>Lorem ipsum</description>
2) Start Rimworld (or somehow reload core).
3) Enter a world, or make a new one
4) (Put down a Sculptor's table), open a Sculptor's Table's Bills tab. (Or any workbench with unfinished-able items, really, I chose Sculptor's because it was at the top of the (Items_Unfinished.xml) file.)
5) Add a bill which has an unfinished item as a placeholder until the task is completed. (I choose Make small sculpture, wood.)
6) Make a pawn start the bill and produce an unfinished item.
7) Select the unfinished item, click on the I, and notice the description does not in fact read what is defined in the ThingDef.

No savegame or log attached, as it's world independent, and there's nothing even close to it in the log. (Even with Verbose logging.)

It makes some sense that the finished item's description is shown, but that the <description> in the unfinished item's ThingDef is disregarded doesn't seem like that should be happening.

Greetings, and have a good one!
~Sjaak