关于MOD的应用

Started by 2532wz, February 04, 2020, 12:15:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2532wz

I want to know what interesting mods can make this game more interesting

GoldenCrepe

Genetic rim, dinosauria  basically any mod that adds more animals/ new sciency things

Bozobub

Beware!

Script- and/or definition-heavy mods each cause their own type of inevitable slowdown.  Script-heavy mods will slow down actual gameplay, especially in the late game.  They add more to process per clock "tick", ergo each tick takes longer, as you'd expect, and this is exacerbated by more agents/items interacting with scripts as time goes by.

On the other hand, definition-heavy mods will increase load times, even when you have no errors displayed during loads.  Notably, both types of slowdown are possible in a single mod, and both can become quite extreme, as well, especially load times.

And of course, adding too many mods at a time will also cause problems; add one at a time and you won't regret it later, I promise.  If you've ever modded a Bethesda game, load order and conflicts are just as much of an issue here.  There ARE some useful tools for this, however.

My recommendation for "interesting mod", by the by, is "Rim of Madness", but I recommend running little else but QoL mods with it; it's pretty "heavy", especially because it requires JecsTools, which is notorious for slowdowns.  Don't slather a lot of cruft on top of mods like these, at least at first!  Check the impact on your system, re: gameplay and load times.
Thanks, belgord!

Livingston I Presume

Depends how much you wanna deviate from the base game man, I'd head over to the Steam Workshop and just look at the most downloaded for the current version to get started