RimWorld 1.1 available on unstable Steam branch

Started by Tynan, February 16, 2020, 09:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Goldenpotatoes

The biolocking of weapons sounds like the weapon equivalent of dead mans apparel, probably isnt a bad thing if it means you aren't getting ahold of superior weapons quickly en mass.

Ser Kitteh

New QoL stuff is great! Thanks for the hard work.

That being said, I do have some questions. For one, why was the bisexual trait hidden in the first place? And secondly, would it be possible to just reject quests so we can get other quests?

I think there's something hilarious about adding horses into the game with no way to ride them.

Ser Kitteh

The cover effectiveness for sandbags and barricades, regardless of material, is stated to be 57%.

Teleblaster18

Kubouch

QuoteCredits now list the memory of colonists who died.
This is probably the most ingenious and significant part of the update. So cool!

Which credits does this apply to? The global credits from main menu listing all dead colonists from all saves or is it for per-colony endgame credits when you escape with a ship?

Breadbox

Any modders had experience with the new version? Hopefully, there isn't too much that's changed fingers crossed.

Tynan

Quote from: Kubouch on February 17, 2020, 04:02:27 AM
QuoteCredits now list the memory of colonists who died.
This is probably the most ingenious and significant part of the update. So cool!

Which credits does this apply to? The global credits from main menu listing all dead colonists from all saves or is it for per-colony endgame credits when you escape with a ship?

It's for the endgame credits when you escape the planet.

Hopefully that list of dead people won't be too long...

Quote from: Breadbox on February 17, 2020, 04:12:46 AM
Any modders had experience with the new version? Hopefully, there isn't too much that's changed fingers crossed.

Lots of discussion about it on the Discord (https://discord.gg/rimworld). Brrainz said he updated his Zombies mod in 3 hours, and it's a complex mod. We tried hard to make it simple to update mods.

Canute

QuoteComplex mods will break.
Puuuhhhh.
When i see that so many mod's are still for pre 1.0.2150 i think the availble mods for 1.1 will be trunked down. Sure not all of them are complex mods and got assemblies.

Tynan

Quote from: Canute on February 17, 2020, 04:17:00 AM
QuoteComplex mods will break.
Puuuhhhh.
When i see that so many mod's are still for pre 1.0.2150 i think the availble mods for 1.1 will be trunked down. Sure not all of them are complex mods and got assemblies.

It is sad to leave mods behind. This is why we do updates so rarely - a lot of these improvements in 1.1 were done a year ago or more. We've just been building them up. But you have to release eventually. You have to move forward; can't be stuck to the past. And there's no feasible way to maintain full compatibility with invasive code mods (considering many of these mods replace or tweak internal game code without any limits at all). It's the price of moving forward.

Of course we don't want to destroy these experiences, so 1.0 will always be there and I hope modders will use the multi-version functionality to keep mods compatible across versions so anyone can go back and play 1.0 as desired.

BTAxis

This is a great update, judging by the changelog.
"The megasloth ducked behind the nearest piece of cover"

Burqk

Tynan won't you make a video and upload to YouTube?

RemingtonRyder

A new version of RimWorld is always a good time to blow the dust off of modding projects and see if there's anything new that can be done with them. It doesn't have to be a bad time. :)

That being said, I'm in the middle of a big ol' Minecraft project so it might be awhile before I get around to updating stuff.

hoho

QuoteLoading screen now displays present and active expansions and mods.
Is this a hint of what is coming down the line?

duduluu

Awesome, my team is working at translating. How long will this test last probably?
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website