RimWorld 1.1 available on unstable Steam branch

Started by Tynan, February 16, 2020, 09:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tynan

Quote from: duduluu on February 17, 2020, 07:48:48 AM
Awesome, my team is working at translating. How long will this test last probably?

Planning roughly 1 week. We'll update translations later as well of course.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Serenity

This is a surprise :)
I assumed that the major development of the game was done and we wouldn't get any more substantial changes.

Some old mods probably won't be updated at all. On the other hand there are also ones that obsolete now. Like toggling allowing to refuel certain things

Bar0th

Any possibility of a small 1.0 update before 1.1 goes live, so that it ignores the new About.xml tags (supportedGameVersions, packageId)?  In addition, it would be nice if the warning for having supportedVersions could be suppressed in 1.1 (at the very least, when supportedGameVersions is also present) - it's not as bad as the red error in 1.0, but it does clutter the log.

XML error: <supportedGameVersions><li>1.1</li></supportedGameVersions> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModMetaDataInternal.
XML error: <packageId>v00d00.test</packageId> doesn't correspond to any field in type ModMetaDataInternal.

Sure, someone could make version specific mods to ignore them, but it is annoying that adding dual-version support in the mods (which is a feature) generates red errors in 1.0, and yellow warnings in 1.1...

Ser Kitteh

Tynan, what's with that black bar in the bottom left of the screen?

Kaelen Mosar

@Tynan

Thanks for adressing this

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=49133.msg467374#msg467374

:)

From Changelog
"The game now uses an incremental garbage collector, which should remove the periodic frame hitches that would appear when a lot of memory was allocated and released. However, note that there is still a cost to memory allocations, so modders should still try to reduce allocation wherever possible."

Kori

Thank you very much for this update! :)

I couldn't believe it when I read the change log, it's almost too good to be true!

The jumping camera was driving me crazy, but the other changes are splendid too!

Vintorez

I really like the changes to the mineral scanner, feels better knowing minerals will always be more readily available.

Also something I wanted to bring up that I noticed when working on one of my own mods, there doesn't seem to be an Armor Penetration XML tag for melee weapons that scales with quality. Shotgun Bullets have ArmorPen that scales, but Spears have a flat 50% penetration independent of material or quality. Unless Lord Google failed me and there is such a tag, think this should be changed?

Pangaea

That is a very impressive changelog. Thank you, Tynan :)

Some of them are pretty big game-changers too, like the inability to build stone walls on bridges. That has been a staple in my games where I had a river through the colony, or similar cases like that.

It gives a nice feeling to see bugs that I personally reported be fixed, so thank you for that. Means it wasn't in vain, even if some of them were rather minor things. Also, big thanks for the colourblind friendly icons for other colonies. It was always so hard to tell neutral from hostile apart. Sounds like it should be much easier now. Thanks.

I'm currently in a big The Witcher 3 mode -- I'm sure a few of you have heard about the game :D But I'll be back to this one at some point in the future. It was too fun (and challenging!).

iamtheplatypus

Tynan your an absolute god. Thank you and your staff for all the hard work you've put into this masterpiece.

glerikud

Thank you for the update. My only question is: Can I download it using the DRM-free link I got when I bought the game (for now it only shows version 1.0), or this update is Steam only?

Canute

glerikud,
currently it is only for testing, so steam only.
When 1.1 get released you can download it like allways with your sendowl link (which never change).

UltimateTobi

Hello @Tynan and community!

Thank you very much for this update; this in incredible.

I have a couple questions regarding some change notes. I've posted them on Steam, however I'll copy/paste them here in the hopes you read and perhaps answer them. :)

- Sandbags are changed to use textiles. What about existing sandbags? Do we get steel back when we dismantle them?
- Structures on bridges; what if we already have heavier-than-wood structures on bridges? Will they collapse upon load of the save game?
- I don't understand what you mean by "split tribes"; they already are split in Gentle and Rough; like Civil and Rough Outlander Unions.
- "Added a planet population slider to the planet generation parameters." What about already generated planets? Do we get to retroactively adjust our planet and map(s)?
- How do barricades work? Do they provide cover like sandbags or are they to be used to hinder enemies? (NVM; "which are like sandbags", so I assume they work like sandbags, duh.)
- Do bullets now hit their target instead of going somewhere in the ground and hitting their target regardless (because the game calculated a hit, but the visual bullet did miss)? (Since you mentioned many other additions, fixed, improvements and optimizations.)

Man this is a very intriguing update. I'll buy your soundtrack to further support.

Edit: Bought.
Your generic Steam user.

glerikud

Quote from: Canute on February 17, 2020, 03:32:37 PM
glerikud,
currently it is only for testing, so steam only.
When 1.1 get released you can download it like allways with your sendowl link (which never change).
Thank you :) It's all clear now.

DubskiDude

Quote from: UltimateTobi on February 17, 2020, 03:43:11 PM
- I don't understand what you mean by "split tribes"; they already are split in Gentle and Rough; like Civil and Rough Outlander Unions.

He just added a perma-bad tribe faction, so even if you make friends with everyone else, it's not only space pirates that raid you.

UltimateTobi

Quote from: DubskiDude on February 17, 2020, 05:27:15 PM
Quote from: UltimateTobi on February 17, 2020, 03:43:11 PM

He just added a perma-bad tribe faction, so even if you make friends with everyone else, it's not only space pirates that raid you.
Ohhh, so you got Gentle, Rough and "Pirate" tribes, like Gentle, Rough and Pirate Outlander Unions, gotcha.
Thanks!
Your generic Steam user.