[1.1] Ubuntu 18.04.4 - Mouse scrolling is inverted

Started by Lobstercraft, February 17, 2020, 04:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lobstercraft

ThatSimon

Same on Ubuntu 19.10 :'(
Only when using Linux version.
Using Proton this is not an issue, however performance will suffer from this solution

Pangaea

Ouch. This sounds like a weird and very annoying issue. Best to postpone trying the game until this is fixed then. Not that I could anyway, since I don't use steam (spit) :D

PlutoniumJesus

Can confirm, mouse wheel direction is inverted for me on the Linux version (running on Gentoo). I looked for a "mouse wheel invert" option but couldn't find one so I guess it is a bug.

Yoo Mo

earthcrosser

This seems to be a bug in Unity: https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/linux-input-dot-mousescrolldelta-returns-reversed-values-in-linux-player

As a workaround you can use imwheel to swap the mouse wheel "buttons":

* Install imwheel (`sudo apt get install imwheel`, or equivalent for your Linux distribution).
* Create a file ".imwheelrc" in your home directory, and add this:

"^RimWorld.*"
None, Up, Button5
None, Down, Button4

* Run `imwheel`; and you probably want add it to startup applications (don't run it twice; if you need to change the configuration do `killall imwheel` before starting it again)

Dontcarebear1983

Any chance this will get patched in game as before?

homoscotian

I'm replicating this as well on Arch Linux (5.5.4-arch1-1).

ison

Is the scrolling too fast as well? Or just inverted? There was a bug with Unity which we had to circumvent by adding a -6 scroll factor. It looks like we can remove it now. But I wonder if we should change it to 1 or 6.

PlutoniumJesus

The scroll/zoom increment seems alright to me at 1920x1200 resolution and 1x UI scale. In the colonist log or history message list boxes, one notch on the mouse wheel will scroll very slightly more than two lines of text. Zooming the colony map from maximum to minimum magnification takes a total of 23 notches. If anything the increment could probably be a little bit larger without feeling too "jumpy".

If I may add a cheeky sort of related feature request here, it would be great if the minimum magnification level for the colony map could be lowered to allow more or ideally the entire map to be shown on screen. I know this can be modded easily but it would be nice to have in the base game. Thanks for your continued support of an excellent game!

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: PlutoniumJesus on February 19, 2020, 01:02:14 PM
The scroll/zoom increment seems alright to me at 1920x1200 resolution and 1x UI scale. In the colonist log or history message list boxes, one notch on the mouse wheel will scroll very slightly more than two lines of text. Zooming the colony map from maximum to minimum magnification takes a total of 23 notches. If anything the increment could probably be a little bit larger without feeling too "jumpy".

If I may add a cheeky sort of related feature request here, it would be great if the minimum magnification level for the colony map could be lowered to allow more or ideally the entire map to be shown on screen. I know this can be modded easily but it would be nice to have in the base game. Thanks for your continued support of an excellent game!

I would love it in Vanilla, but if you are interested Brainz already has a mod:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=867467808

ison

Fixed, thanks! (will be released after we update RimWorld on Steam)