[1.1] Some pawns will decline to do recreational activities no matter what

Started by ruckenhof, February 18, 2020, 06:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ruckenhof

One pawn in my current savegame didn't attempt to do anything recreational and stayed at -20 penalty, even though I have horseshoes and chess available on top of three basic activities. I even disallowed every work type for him and set every hour to recreation. The condition cleared after his first mental break. He joined my colony as a captured pirate fallen from the orbit, if it is of any help.

Canute

Could you check if that pawn isn't allready depressed for that kind of recreation.
Not sure about 1.1 but at 1.0 open Needs, then hover over Recreation and look at the tooltip.

ruckenhof

Quote from: Canute on February 18, 2020, 06:13:29 AM
Could you check if that pawn isn't allready depressed for that kind of recreation.
Not sure about 1.1 but at 1.0 open Needs, then hover over Recreation and look at the tooltip.

I checked it as soon as the problem appeared and he wasn't.

HoneyPawn

I had this same problem and a reload of the save fixed it but def a bug .

Jesterium

I encountered a version of this as well.  Pawn is rec deprived but I only had horseshoe pit.  Built a chess table and restricted to recreation but he would not use horseshoe or chess.  So I reset restrictions and waited.  At 11pm, when rec time is normally scheduled, he went and played chess.

Rollsay

[1.1]I had a version of this.
It happened every time a pawn got a desease (flu,plague,infection...)
The pawn whouldn't do any sort of recreational activity except staying in bed and watching TV or getting social interactions while in bed
to recreate it I:
created a new world, with dev mode then
1. spwaned some recreation forniture
2. gave the colonist a (flu,plague,infection...) Hediff
3. set their joy to 0 with -20 joy

Bones

LWM

Ah, yes, my pawn was injured when he wasn't doing any recreation.  That was super annoying, as after bruising fights, I often have my pawns doing work instead of bedrest, which lead to losing 11 luciferium.

Tynan

We are going to address this. If anyone can post any more info on the cause, or ideally steps that can reproduce the problem, I'd love to hear them. Thanks for reporting all.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

ison