Performance @ 1.1

Started by HelloKitty, February 19, 2020, 07:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HelloKitty

So can anybody tell if you did any benchmarking, how much "significantly" better is the performance of 1.1 compared to 1.0 exactly? Is it 20%, 200%, 2000%?

KappaHDKappa

I wouldn't update it tbh, hes cheezed animals in a unlisted change so they won't listen when you are in a raid which is annoying similar to the BS they tried awhile ago. also if you get a disease in early game on naked brutality, or rich explorer when you get a disease you cannot get any recreation.

Also I got only 5% improvement but I only played through the early game

UltimateTobi

Quote from: KappaHDKappa on February 20, 2020, 10:05:41 PM
I wouldn't update it tbh, hes cheezed animals in a unlisted change so they won't listen when you are in a raid which is annoying similar to the BS they tried awhile ago. also if you get a disease in early game on naked brutality, or rich explorer when you get a disease you cannot get any recreation.
Eh, how are the animals "cheezed"?
Also, regarding your "sick pawn not getting recreation"; switch Bedrest from prio 1 to 3.
Your generic Steam user.

ReZpawner

What kind of rich person can't get a TV? (you can watch TV while in bed).

RicRider

Quote from: KappaHDKappa on February 20, 2020, 10:05:41 PM
hes cheezed animals in a unlisted change so they won't listen when you are in a raid

What does this mean? I killed a raid of mechs and a siege with an army of caribou, wargs and bears and they had no trouble listening to my animal tamer when I ordered them to charge.

Benchmarking: I can't tell you what percent but what I can tell you is that with 10 pawns and 30 animals I have no lag spikes and when I get raids of 40+ it's only like a 5 second pause while they load in. For me it's a huge improvement.
##Coding Scrub##

pllovervoltage

In my 40+ pawn late game colony. No measurable performance improvement. Still at 16-19 fps at 3x speed. Haven't measured so not accurate but I feel world map loading is faster tho.

Bozobub

It's probably best to look for performance gains in saves that [started in the new version, to make sure there's no artefacts from the conversion ^^'.
Thanks, belgord!

viperwasp

Also modded and Vanilla are huge differences in performance I find. All it takes is one bad mod to bring the game to a halt. So 50+ very well optimized mods will also slow it down a lot. Just what I noticed.
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

ProfZelonka

Playing Royalty without mods is blowing my mind of how fast this game is!! I used to jitter like crazy with my 200+ mods.

Please please someone develop a way to tell which mods reduce performance. Or someone start a "quality" list that confirms which mods aren't broken or leak.

HelloKitty

Quote from: ProfZelonka on February 25, 2020, 01:03:14 PM
Please please someone develop a way to tell which mods reduce performance. Or someone start a "quality" list that confirms which mods aren't broken or leak.

https://github.com/Dubwise56/Dubs-Performance-Analyzer
There's also a shitlist pinned in the discord.

viperwasp

Playing Royalty without mods is blowing my mind of how fast this game is!! I used to jitter like crazy with my 200+ mods.

I have little experience with 1.1 so far. So I hope it is faster. I would not be surprised if it is Tynan said he tried to improve it. With my mod list I use over 70 mods. Once I get around 30-40 colonists and about 10 pets. On a decently large map but not any of the largest that exist. I get rather annoying hitches and lag spikes. Nothing completely unplayable. But it takes getting used too. If I keep colonists under 20 I'm fine. But I usually like more than that. So keep pets minimal to compensate. I think the way I natrually play the game is worse than most people would tolerate. I'm fine with even decent level lag. lol It's just part of the Rimworld experience. Many games like this are the same.

I would LOVE to see a Rimworld built from ground up that supports all cores etc. That likely won't happen unless a Rimworld 2 comes out. Even than who knows. But a man can dream. Single core CPU power will slowly go up. So maybe one day I can have my 40 colonists with mods and play at optimum FPS as well. 
•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

ProfZelonka

Quote from: HelloKitty on February 25, 2020, 01:48:56 PM

I'm probably blind but, where is the pinned shitlist that I don't see anywhere?

HelloKitty

Quote from: ProfZelonka on March 01, 2020, 03:34:55 PM
Quote from: HelloKitty on February 25, 2020, 01:48:56 PM

I'm probably blind but, where is the pinned shitlist that I don't see anywhere?

Join discord listed there and click on pinned messages icon at the top. You also have to use the tool yourself to find out what is working bad exactly for you.

ProfZelonka

Thanks! Found it. I was looking on the left side, didn't know what pinned messages were. Maybe we can start a thread here or even a shared spreadsheet? Probably a good way for the mod authors to know if their mod is breaking everyone's game..

dearmad

Almost none of the mods in the shitlist since about three months ago impacted my system at all. Like at all. Running on a 1070, Intel i7 8700