1.1 And Royalty Save Game Compatibility

Started by UltimateTobi, February 24, 2020, 03:53:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UltimateTobi

Hey @Tynan and community!
I am glad 1.1 and Royalty got released today! Very looking forward to playing.

I have a question regarding compatibility for previous saves made in 1.0, will I get to experience all new features that came with 1.1 and Royalty (please say yes)?

Thanks!
Your generic Steam user.

Canute

I have two question to you !
Where did you read about the new coming update 1.1 ?
You read about the coming changes but didn't you read
QuoteTechnical details

If you're playing without mods: You'll be able to update and continue playing on the new version without interruption.

If you're using mods that haven't added support for 1.1: You can continue playing version 1.0 as long as you like by using the version-1.0 beta branch. To access it, right-click RimWorld in your Steam library list, click Properties, then select the 'betas' tab. Select 'version-1.0' from the drop-down list. You'll want to change this back to 'default' eventually.

Basicly it allready answer your question.

ison

You should be able to load a non-Royalty savefile and then experience all new content as usual. The only thing you'll miss are 2 optional intro quests and some additional Empire faction bases that you would normally get after generating a new world.

UltimateTobi

Quote from: Canute on February 24, 2020, 04:55:14 AM
I have two question to you !
Where did you read about the new coming update 1.1 ?
You read about the coming changes but didn't you read
QuoteTechnical details

If you're playing without mods: You'll be able to update and continue playing on the new version without interruption.

If you're using mods that haven't added support for 1.1: You can continue playing version 1.0 as long as you like by using the version-1.0 beta branch. To access it, right-click RimWorld in your Steam library list, click Properties, then select the 'betas' tab. Select 'version-1.0' from the drop-down list. You'll want to change this back to 'default' eventually.

Basicly it allready answer your question.
I did read this and it didn't answer whether you get to experience new content or not.
Your generic Steam user.

UltimateTobi

Quote from: ison on February 24, 2020, 08:32:26 AM
You should be able to load a non-Royalty savefile and then experience all new content as usual. The only thing you'll miss are 2 optional intro quests and some additional Empire faction bases that you would normally get after generating a new world.
Thank you!
Your generic Steam user.