Is there a mod focused on survival aspects?

Started by b0rsuk, February 20, 2020, 07:39:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b0rsuk

I mean a mod that would aim to make Rimworld into a challenge game, not a drama generator.

RicRider

Off the top of my head:

- ZARS tribalism and the other ZARS mods
- There was some mod that completely revamped the research tree and gated everything behind research. It added a 'thinking spot' 1x1 research bench too so you could figure out how to make basic stuff as if you were a caveman and fleshed out the neolithic and medieval aspects of the game. I think it was actually called Thinking Spot... not sure.
- She Foxy's Grim Reality does a good job of toning down a lot of the drama. They don't care about dead man's clothes, seduction attempts happen a lot less, etc. The difference is really noticeable.

Probably others can chime in with more, I know I've seen a lot more than that just can't remember now.
##Coding Scrub##

b0rsuk

Does any of these mods have something as simple as a food display? How many days worth of food my colony has, in optimistic case. I know the "Low food" warning kicks in at 5 days.

RicRider

##Coding Scrub##

Canute

Me either.

Maybe try one of the android mods, so your pawn's don't need food but energy ! :-)

The toughest challenge is still the unique HCSK modpack, but it can be a drame too.

Kori

Quote from: b0rsuk on February 20, 2020, 08:23:57 AM
Does any of these mods have something as simple as a food display? How many days worth of food my colony has, in optimistic case. I know the "Low food" warning kicks in at 5 days.

This is what you want:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1114619043