[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordqarlyn

I've got all the ice creation techs researched, built the Ice Creation Station, but can't do anything with it. It consumes "fuel" but no ice appears on its own, nor can pawns interact with it other than to refuel it.

vovik

Quote from: lordqarlyn on February 29, 2020, 01:44:29 AM
I've got all the ice creation techs researched, built the Ice Creation Station, but can't do anything with it. It consumes "fuel" but no ice appears on its own, nor can pawns interact with it other than to refuel it.
It spawns ice but at very slow rate - around 2 ice per 10 hay, so you may need to amass that, or that may be too low in terms of amount? Ice does not form fast when using passive cooling though. Maybe this is too small amount of ice? I will tweak that up to be 2-3 times more in next update.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

titanjones

Multiple Red errors with this mod.

[FSF] Filth Vanishes With Rain And Time

FrozenSnowFox

It's come to my attention that this mod is incompatible with my mod [FSF] Filth Vanishes With Rain And Time.  Looking at the files it looks like you included the entire filth_various file with minor changes.  Could you please switch to patching the filth_various file it's much less intrusive and won't cause large incompatibility issues.

vovik

Sorry, i accidentally added filth_various from core files, already deleted that in latest release.
Its messy to do updates with both 1.0/1.1 versions.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Updated some stuff in main mod.
- Added raw clay bricks that dry to dry caly bricks.
- Increased ice creation speed for ice creation staion
- Decreased ice consumption rate of freezer box

Also, i made combat extended patches.
Had to actually make patches on patches after patches to make everything work without error. Yo.
Mein Herz brennt

FrozenSnowFox

Quote from: vovik on March 01, 2020, 07:38:26 PM
Sorry, i accidentally added filth_various from core files, already deleted that in latest release.
Its messy to do updates with both 1.0/1.1 versions.

No worries thanks for taking care of it so quick.

_non3_

Awesome work man! Will this mod also be available in steam workshop? That will be fantastic!

lordqarlyn

Quote from: vovik on February 29, 2020, 09:54:17 AM
Quote from: lordqarlyn on February 29, 2020, 01:44:29 AM
It spawns ice but at very slow rate - around 2 ice per 10 hay, so you may need to amass that, or that may be too low in terms of amount? Ice does not form fast when using passive cooling though. Maybe this is too small amount of ice? I will tweak that up to be 2-3 times more in next update.
I noticed it, and I updated to the faster speed, it seems more balanced now. Just one other thing though, can you change it so we can stop refueling the ice makers? In winter I won't need them and I need the all the hay I can get a hold of for the livestock during the cold seasons anyway. And once I finally research air conditioning I won't need them at all.

vovik

Quote from: _non3_ on March 01, 2020, 08:29:27 PM
Awesome work man! Will this mod also be available in steam workshop? That will be fantastic!
When i will buy the game i will probably add these mods to workshop. Untill then...
Quote from: lordqarlyn on March 02, 2020, 10:45:39 AM
And once I finally research air conditioning I won't need them at all.
Well, ice is intended to be useful in ice biomes where ice is abundant as building material. (Ice kingdom ftw)
Mein Herz brennt

w1r3dh4ck3r

So this trend of not providing a Workshop link is going to continue hum? that sucks.

vovik

Quote from: w1r3dh4ck3r on March 02, 2020, 04:09:35 PM
So this trend of not providing a Workshop link is going to continue hum? that sucks.
Well, it will come out after some time, when i will decide to move from active mod developement to actually playing games(modding and playing games are not quite compatible due to several reasons), untill then.
Mein Herz brennt

lordqarlyn

Quote from: vovik on March 02, 2020, 02:44:47 PM
Quote from: lordqarlyn on March 02, 2020, 10:45:39 AM
And once I finally research air conditioning I won't need them at all.
Well, ice is intended to be useful in ice biomes where ice is abundant as building material. (Ice kingdom ftw)
True but it would still be handy to have the no refuel toggle, so I am not always consuming hay which I also need as animal feed. In more temperate biomes I would use ice as a stopgap until I can research electricity and aircon (I prefer playing with no techs so I have to research everything).
Anyway, thanks for this mod update, and BTW I am enjoying it even more than the MT original.

vovik

New today:
Survival tools patch.
Updates:
-Ice production is after methodic research
-ice production pot is flickable
-Removed ice sculpting
-Moved ice usage lower in tech tree
-WoodPitch glue is now Pitch glue.
-Pitch glue is now included in pyrolysis research
-various 1.1 fixes