[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordqarlyn

Okay I hate to be the downer, but this update seems to be broken. And it's not a mod incompatibility. I tried with only Harmony, HugsLib, Simple Coal Mod, and Early Times, and it would give an error message about incompatible or out of date mod has been detected and removed. I reverted to your earlier version and RimWorld works fine.

ViktorGiJoe

Yeah, the game fails to load up with this mod activated but yesterday it was working normally.

vovik

Its just a leftover closing tag that bothers you. Posted a fixed version.
If dont want to redownload - open EearlyTimes/1.1/Patches/core/medtimes_research_1_patches.xml and remove duplicate </Operation> tag in the end
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 04, 2020, 05:40:42 AM
@vovik
Some old attempts at mods like yours...
Perhaps they can help you.
Neolitic mod - i made something like that in this mod - research defines what to do, however there is no transition between ages except from research tree. Rimworld does not allow for bronze to be used as metal for most stuff and buildings, also filters for recipes still give error if i try to make them stuffable. Yes, i will make a proper smelting patches for this mod if author of Ore processing mod will refine it before i reach remote tech mod to integrate in here (it contains powder and stuff which is required for proper start of research tree node for firearms), or will just redo and smelt it in here alltogether if author does not refine it. For the time being i consider "steel" as "Common metal" and "Plasteel" as "refined alloyed metal" and support to make proper smelting and ore system will be in this mod at some point.

Project eons - no download link. Also i see bones there - these are addable to this mod by different mods like call of ctulhu mods, thats why i did not add my version of bones(bones from ctulhu mod are compatible - they are considered wooden stuff).

Rimworld Ascension - most of that content is availiable in this mod, except textures for early religion buildings, thats what i will probably snatch from there.

Rimworld Revamped - oh god, technology, technology II, technologyXXXXXLL - that what i will not keep in here - stuff must be simple and functional, also ET mod contains most stuff from that mod.

Early Man - tatoos will be added eventually.

Caveman to cosmos - oh god, i am not adding jsut a large research tree. Each research node must come with some content that is logical to recieve - for example ET crafting adds crafting spot and some tools, some buildings require several researches - like wooden gate which requires doors + fence research, cooking then evolves to pyrolysis (firstly people learned to cook food and then discovered that some stuff may react differently when placed above fireplace). Also social researches are hard to put on research tree.

About mod that adds item resarch costs - this is going to be a wholesome additional research mod - currently research does not requite materials and different mods add their research and their own materials so this mod will need a very broad compat patch work, this is not for now.
About people carrying in stuff for rewards - that will be added in this mod at later point (along with messenger station for low-tech messaging and delay in actions response from low tech factions and action response depending on distance to nearby settlements, etc). This will be one for immersion and posibilities.
Also i added a list of planned and completed stuff(yes it took quite some time to patch up medieval times). With adding in features i may modify and refine tech tree to reflect that one from cave to cosmos better. After i refine all stuff i will probaly abandon it cause with new versions of Rimworld coming out i will not have time to maintain stuff (yes, i will be making patched modular mods so people may take separate ideas and carry them on)
I appreciate your help with pointing to stuff that may be useful. I also higly appreciate pointing to things i havent added or planned and that will fit in.
Also i do look forward into adding compat for some mods and update them to 1.1, yet i forget to add them to planned list all the time (few reinbau flambe's mods for example)
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Update:
-integration with quarry
-buffed books 4x
-patched emrasures on combat extended
Mein Herz brennt

ViktorGiJoe

Hey, what is the fastest way to make bricks? And thanks for the fix and the update.

IHateRegistering

The 1.0 version throws a lot of red errors.

Canute

IHateRegistering,
you should post the errorlog.
PackageID and other syntax belong to the About.xml you can ignore.

AKillerCoconut

I'm having a problem with the medieval double cot. I havent tried the single cot but once i put it down i got an error and now i cant assign it to anyone, cant deconstruct and cant reinstall it. Really frustrating cause its completely unusuable but still in the way. Tried destroying it in god mode, and exploding it; nothing works. Heres the error, it instantly started spamming my log. maybe its a mod conflict, I'm not great with these things.

Exception drawing ThingOverlay for MedTimes_CotDouble488890: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.Building_Bed.get_PlayerCanSeeOwners () [0x00006] in <17aee94660d546e1be4ad6df239e8d67>:0
  at RimWorld.Building_Bed.DrawGUIOverlay () [0x00018] in <17aee94660d546e1be4ad6df239e8d67>:0
  at Verse.ThingOverlays.ThingOverlaysOnGUI () [0x0005e] in <17aee94660d546e1be4ad6df239e8d67>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Canute on March 05, 2020, 08:13:23 AM
IHateRegistering,
you should post the errorlog.
PackageID and other syntax belong to the About.xml you can ignore.
It's about filth - I think this is a mod conflict with rain washes away filth mod that was probably fixed for 1.1 only - and something about not being able to solve cross references. I get this a lot with mods that don't get the multi-version support right. I can post the log later.

ViktorGiJoe

I think there's an issue with Stonehearths, they keep setting fire to wooden floors.

vovik

Quote from: ViktorGiJoe on March 05, 2020, 10:36:25 AM
I think there's an issue with Stonehearths, they keep setting fire to wooden floors.
it is intended. Better use clay or stone floor. Fires sometimes burn houses out because somone left hearth unattended,  same goes for braziers and lamp posts - keep away from hay.
Quote from: AKillerCoconut on March 05, 2020, 08:44:18 AM
I'm having a problem with the medieval double cot. ...
Guuh, code goes missing(again), hate messing with several versions cause end up missing the code. Fixed.
Quote from: ViktorGiJoe on March 05, 2020, 07:11:00 AM
Hey, what is the fastest way to make bricks? And thanks for the fix and the update.
Currently no fastest way - just take a pawn and process clay bricks to recieve proper good ol' bricks. Yes it requires some time, yet it a cheap resource that requres only time and some fuel.
Drying [raw clay bricks] is simple - dont put in water and dry at temperatures above 0. 
Quote from: IHateRegistering on March 05, 2020, 10:13:19 AM
It's about filth - I thi...
Fixed.
Mein Herz brennt

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on March 06, 2020, 12:33:18 AM
@vovik

Some other similar mods I found too ...

Tribal Instruments (1.0)
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1122870388
Tribal instruments - music? hmm, that may go along with music mod(?), intresting anyway.
Stone age - i have already implemented something like that but in another form.
Tribal signal fire - that will be but in totally another form. No console messaging via campfire! grr.
Mein Herz brennt

Rudo

I've been looking to do something similar to this mod and I like the direction your pushing for. I took a look at the mod files and have started making a few changes to tech order and text to be more concise while still having some flavour. I'm not much of a modder but if you like I could send over my version and perhaps we can do some light collaboration?