[1.0-1.4] Early Times mod

Started by vovik, February 22, 2020, 08:55:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vovik

Early times Mod

Ever felt like rimworld is missing early time content? Then this mod is to fix that up.
This is two in one mods patched together carefully and with added features.

Features

• Early research and additional tribal items
  • Fungus domestication
  • Medieval researh and related items
  • Additional tool cabinets
  • Early times mining solution
  • Additional security items and turrets
  • Books
  • Transition from primitive to modern items
  • Terraforming
  • And more...
  • Cheese? Cheese!

Download links:
1.0-1.4 [Google drive] 1.0-1.4 [Steam]

Aditions:

Compatability:

• Quarry 1.1
  • Doors Expanded
  • Gimmicks
  • Rim of Madness - Bones
  • VGP Garden Gourmet
  • ZARS Tribalism
  • TribalInstruments
  • Simple chains: steel
  • Simple chains: leather
  • Simple chains: lumber
  • Medieval times: tools of the trade
  • RimWriter - Books, Scrolls, Tablets, and Libraries
  • RimWriter - Books, Scrolls, Tablets, and Libraries (continued)
  • Musical Instruments
  • Musical Instruments (Continued)
  • [RF] Concrete
  • [RF] Concrete (Continued)
  • [RF] Advanced Bridges
  • [RF] Advanced Bridges (Continued)
  • [RF] Advanced Bridges Continued [1.0][1.1][1.2]
  • [WD] Simple Concrete
  • [JPT] Burn It for Fuel
  • [XND] Proper Shotguns
  • [XND] Survival Tools

• rimworld westernization project
  • SteamWorldContinued
  • Clockwork And Steam
  • Early Firearms mod
  • Simple Mining Extension
  • Ancient Rim - core
  • Ancient Rim - SPQRim
  • Tribal Signal Fire
  • Tribal Signal Fire (Continued)
  • Cupro's Alloys
  • [Ry]Rimcraft Metals
  • [HLX] Regrowth

• Researchpal generates logical techtree (and gives minor strange exception that does not effect anything)
  • Compatability with most other mods is unknown
  • Requires new game start to gain full content access
  • Breaks save game when removed
  • Can be installed on existing saves but no new factions will be found unless Faction discovery mod is installed

Mod rights:
I am not using this mod to earn any money, this mod is free of charge. Any further modifications and copies or modpacks with this mod must be provided free of charge.
This is not fully my mod, and i dont claim any right on it, you may download, modify and use it as you please without notifying me, unless mod rights from previous owners of mods that current mod was built upon are applied.

Credits:
Vindar, Party cowboy, Rudo for tech tree and steam help
HydromancerX for ideas

----------------------------------Shtuff----------------------------------
"Crieg corps reporting"

Changelog & planned stuff:
Google doc

Compat with:
[JPT] Human Resources
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2119687603
-seeds integration
https://github.com/notfood/RimWorld-SeedsPlease

Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

justken

vovik

Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

What Tribal stuff is in this mod?

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on February 24, 2020, 08:41:33 PM
What Tribal stuff is in this mod?
A prmitive spear, fence, growable mushrooms, primitive stonecutting, research spot without construction requirements, neolitic tools. Also this mod features early research tree that makes early time slightly more.. tribal(?) and not giving all content heads-on.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Ah ok. I thought maybe you had combined it with the Tribalism mod.

WolfgangPolska

Hey, my mod has new version if you want to follow your develpement on ore processing patch!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=50438.0
I have no idea how, but it works!!!

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on February 25, 2020, 04:21:12 AM
Ah ok. I thought maybe you had combined it with the Tribalism mod.
Ooh, another thing to make compat patch, since curent tech tree in early times can include that stuff, but does not cause it is different.
Mein Herz brennt

AKillerCoconut

Wanted to say I've just started a playthrough with this mod and I'm loving it so far. I'm playing tribal with a small handful of mods and haven't encountered any issues so far, though I've only just gotten to metal making. It reminds me a lot of a mod from I think alpha 13. I dont remember the name but it was the same in that all normal stuff was behind research walls, and when you crashlanded a research terminal dropped with you that worked like a research bench. Anyways, do you know if it works with the tech advancing mod? I have both on right now and definitely haven't researched enough to advance tech anyways. I guess I could just save and god mode research until I found out for myself, but I'm at work now. Might try it out later for myself if I dont get an answer here

Edit: This is totally compatible with tech advancing as far as I can tell from god mode testing. Works great, great work!!

Hydromancerx

@vovik

Are you going to do any synergy with the Ancient Rim mod? Such as transitioning from Prehistoric to Ancient to Medieval?

vovik

Quote from: Hydromancerx on February 27, 2020, 03:47:51 AM
Are you going to do any synergy with the Ancient Rim mod? Such as transitioning from Prehistoric to Ancient to Medieval?
Most definitely yes? This will allow for more accurate transition from tribal to modern era probably.
Mein Herz brennt

Hydromancerx

Awesome!

Also when you say "books" do you mean like the tablets, scrolls and books from the RimWriter mod?

EDIT: Also i have been doing my own self imposed tech tree by following the Civ4:Caveman2Cosmos tech tree.

vovik

Somewhat similar - some entertainment books and makeable skillbooks(quality of these depend on same skills of pawn who wrote them, legendary pawns may make legendary skillbooks if they have proper writing skills).
I may add posibility to copy books, but that may be a bit overpowered? Paperwork will actually divide later into several tech - literal mesaging system with pawns used as messengers, early time leather-made books ... maybe (papyrus) scrolls that will go well with egyptian mod?
RimWriter mod seems incomplete without makeable skill books. Aanyway, i have quite a bit of planned work to do before that.
Intresting tech tree, that will be useful to setup tech tree logically from now on, thanks for sharing.
Mein Herz brennt

benpit

Hey there! 

Thanks for your work on this awesome mod.  I love filling out the early/Tribal start. :D
I've researched "Adobe bricks" and when I try to place the clay pit, I get a message "NeedPlaceNearWater", and I try to place it near a river, or half-in and half out.  I can't place it IN water because there is an error message "Clay pit requires terrain that supports: Light".  I'm playing 1.1 Royalty. 

I've also tried playing 1.1 without Royalty enabled, and 1.1 with only Simple Coal, and 1.1 without any mods. 

vovik

Quote from: benpit on February 27, 2020, 09:59:44 PM
Hey there! 

Thanks for your work on this awesome mod.  I love filling out the early/Tribal start. :D
I've researched "Adobe bricks" and when I try to place the clay pit, I get a message "NeedPlaceNearWater", and I try to place it near a river, or half-in and half out.  I can't place it IN water because there is an error message "Clay pit requires terrain that supports: Light".  I'm playing 1.1 Royalty. 

I've also tried playing 1.1 without Royalty enabled, and 1.1 with only Simple Coal, and 1.1 without any mods. 
Thats my bad - i accidentally deleted a simple instruction that redirected check to cardinal cells of building when placing. when updating to 1.1 fixed by now.
Mein Herz brennt